The Southern Indiana Postgame Report

I still don't like McRae playing point. I don't think that's good for the team or his game. Also apparent that we still can't make passes to a big man. Amazing really that players don't know how to make room or create angles to make a pass. Lost art I suppose.

It's just an "In Case of Emergency" situation.

They don't fake at all to create space. Kind of dumbfounding.

No offense to anyone as I know some of these guys are very young - but I think Richardson should be our backup point guard - then you can play Amari in Richardson's spot - the freshman pg I think he name is Thompson right now - is not quick enough to keep up with any sec point guard - hopefully he will improve but lack of speed and footwork are tough to improve on some times

There is no doubt Thompson has shown some defensive weakness. I too worry that he will become a liability when we start seeing more gifted athletes that he is forced to defend. Still, gotta keep in mind he is just a freshman. Not everyone comes in as a high motor, hard nosed defender like Josh and Armani and it probably shouldn't be expected in all honesty. Hubbs hasn't looked great on defense either. They will develop over time.

if tonight's game is any indication on how the new foul rule changes will affect the games, then it will definitely be a frustrating year

I still don't like McRae playing point. I don't think that's good for the team or his game. Also apparent that we still can't make passes to a big man. Amazing really that players don't know how to make room or create angles to make a pass. Lost art I suppose.

One of my biggest pet peeves in basketball.

Right, it did go both ways however. I actually thought we were the beneficiary of quite a few calls lol.

Oh I agree. It knocks everyone out of rhythm. I'm actually interested to see what was the shooting percentage the second half. Less foul calls.

It's just an "In Case of Emergency" situation.

They don't fake at all to create space. Kind of dumbfounding.

If I ever see one of our guys fake, pass, then cut to the open area when the defender watches where the pass goes for just a split second, I may have a heart attack.
If we ever do make the pass from the wing, it's like the rest of the team is watching a movie.

Oh I agree. It knocks everyone out of rhythm. I'm actually interested to see what was the shooting percentage the second half. Less foul calls.

I originally thought the mixture of our poor FT shooting and habit to over foul would make the rule change real tough on us, but you wouldn't be able to tell it from the outcome of these two exh. games.

I'm with you though, just let em' play.

I originally thought the mixture of our poor FT shooting and habit to over foul would make the rule change real tough on us, but you wouldn't be able to tell it from the outcome of these two exh. games.

I'm with you though, just let em' play.

Yeah. I think this will play in the hands of Jordy and Richardson more than anyone. They are agressive to the basket. I think CCM has probably been on them about not reaching and making it easy for a foul call.

Yeah. I think this will play in the hands of Jordy and Richardson more than anyone. They are agressive to the basket. I think CCM has probably been on them about not reaching and making it easy for a foul call.

was very impressed josh played almost 30 minutes and had no fouls

BYhMitKCYAAJH75.jpg:large

Needs a caption contest IMO

Reactions: 1 person
To say Stokes is going to have an All American season is a stretch. I saw a few good things tonight (really liked that running hook he had in the second half), but he is going to struggle against any team with size. Having Maymon to take away double teams will help. He just doesn't go up strong enough, and can seemingly only jump 6 inches off the ground.

I agree that we are a long, disruptive defensive team that will irritate the heck out of most opponents (although we got caught several times on backdoor cuts -- chalking that up to inexperience). And surely we can shoot better than we did tonight.

To say Stokes is going to have an All American season is a stretch. I saw a few good things tonight (really liked that running hook he had in the second half), but he is going to struggle against any team with size. Having Maymon to take away double teams will help. He just doesn't go up strong enough, and can seemingly only jump 6 inches off the ground.

I agree that we are a long, disruptive defensive team that will irritate the heck out of most opponents (although we got caught several times on backdoor cuts -- chalking that up to inexperience). And surely we can shoot better than we did tonight.

The fact he's shown he apparently now has an 18 footer length won't bother him near as much as last year.

He averaged 14/10 in SEC play last year without Maymon and an inconsistent PG. I don't see 16/11 as a reach, especially with a quicker pace, he'll get more rebounding opportunities. Give him 55% shooting, and that's a All-American year.

He averaged 14/10 in SEC play last year without Maymon and an inconsistent PG. I don't see 16/11 as a reach, especially with a quicker pace, he'll get more rebounding opportunities. Give him 55% shooting, and that's a All-American year.

We'll see. I'd love to see it.

I was really encouraged by my first look at Davis. I think that kid plays hard.

He does not like to pass the rock - he get any assists today? Moore and Richardson are better than McRae at the point imo.

VN Store

Back