THE SPORTS BETTING THREAD!

Wish I saw this earlier. Still was able to put in a live bet for Texas ML though along with the Arizona ML. I’ve been staring at the Duke vs Virginia for the past 20 minutes. I want to take Virginia but don’t think I’ll pull the trigger.
I can't quite figure that one out. Virginia looked bad and Duke looked bad, but they've also both looked good. Have no clue which version of each team is gonna show up.

How confident are you guys in Arizona winning? They are the last leg of a +1031 parlay. Wondering if I should cash out before their game and take the guarantee.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
How confident are you guys in Arizona winning? They are the last leg of a +1031 parlay. Wondering if I should cash out before their game and take the guarantee.
Not sure, I think they'll win. I always ask myself, "would I bet the amount of the cashout in the first place?" The bet is now worth watever the cashout is.

You can always wait and see how the game starts. That can backfire though. They could start slow and then have a comeback type of game.

Reactions: ILVFL
Arizona has beaten them once this year. They just played on March 4th and UCLA won by 9. UCLA is on a 12 game winning streak. They've won 6 of the last 8 by at least 9pts. . . 68% of fans think UCLA will win (283 votes for UCLA, 131 for AZ)

. . . but I think Arizona is actually the better team. Should be a great game.

Not sure, I think they'll win. I always ask myself, "would I bet the amount of the cashout in the first place?" The bet is now worth watever the cashout is.

You can always wait and see how the game starts. That can backfire though. They could start slow and then have a comeback type of game.
That’s what I’m thinking. Of course the cash out isn’t available right now but probably will be soon. It was only a $3 bet but probably worth it to take the money now.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

you new around here?😅😂 let it ride…empty the 401k on it….but confident…fanduel had a boost for Kansas to win and Arizona to both win…Kansas lost so👀👀👀

1678585391205.gif

you new around here?😅😂 let it ride…empty the 401k on it….but confident…fanduel had a boost for Kansas to win and Arizona to both win…Kansas lost so👀👀👀

View attachment 540494
Oh thanks for posting this after I cashed out…..😀 I agree with Enki though I turned my $3 bet into $16 guaranteed so I took it. I still have another parlay with Arizona so I will let that one ride a bit.

@ILVFL it's good to start out with smaller bets. It helps you learn how to manage your bankroll, learn how to use the app and learn different strategies. It also helps you learn discipline, not chasing losses, etc. It can help a lot in the long run, if you like betting, but want to do it responsibly.

Most people call their standard wager a "unit". Unit being whatever amount you generally bet. It is different for everyone. Generally 10% of your bankroll. @UTSuave’ may consider a 1 unit bet $100, others may say $20, $10, $5, etc.

I'm gonna start calling it 1 unit here. It helps show the confidence level of your bet. A half unit bet is very low confidence and a 5 unit bet is a homerun.

Anyway, you probably know all this stuff. I just got kinda bored and started talking, 😆

It's rare to have a place with several friends that all want to win, like what we have here. I'm surprised we haven't organized a system here for our Pick of the Day bets.

It wouldn't be hard to do. We all just post what we think the best bet for the next day is, then we look at the bets everyone shares and rank them from most likely to least likely. I'm fairly certain we could come up with 1 solid bet every day.

I think we could hit around 75-80%. That would be awesome!

Your theory has me thinking to pull out
did you read my post in the RF?

Arizona has beaten them once this year. They just played on March 4th and UCLA won by 9. UCLA is on a 12 game winning streak. They've won 6 of the last 8 by at least 9pts. . . 68% of fans think UCLA will win (283 votes for UCLA, 131 for AZ)

Would you be more happy with the $100 instead of $50 or would you be more mad from losing the bet completely? Also, would you have originally bet $50 on the AZ game?

Personally, I'd cash out, but it's a tough choice.

Oh thanks for posting this after I cashed out…..😀 I agree with Enki though I turned my $3 bet into $16 guaranteed so I took it. I still have another parlay with Arizona so I will let that one ride a bit.

Maaaaaaan🥹 money won is a good day..hate you cashed out though…hopefully the other one hits

did you read my post in the RF?

Would you be more happy with the $100 instead of $50 or would you be more mad from losing the bet completely? Also, would you have originally bet $50 on the AZ game?

Personally, I'd cash out, but it's a tough choice.

They will see…soon…😁😎 I’m all for increasing the bankroll and helping others..glad you have the same mentality @Enki_Amenra

Is Bona playing for UCLA? That's a big loss if he doesn't go. AZ is pissed after losing to them last week and UCLA may be worried about getting any more injuries before the big dance.

Looks like Bona and Jaylen Clark are out for UCLA. . .
This is a tough one to call. . .

Reactions: Volsdeep4
@ILVFL it's good to start out with smaller bets. It helps you learn how to manage your bankroll, learn how to use the app and learn different strategies. It also helps you learn discipline, not chasing losses, etc. It can help a lot in the long run, if you like betting, but want to do it responsibly.

Most people call their standard wager a "unit". Unit being whatever amount you generally bet. It is different for everyone. Generally 10% of your bankroll. @UTSuave’ may consider a 1 unit bet $100, others may say $20, $10, $5, etc.

I'm gonna start calling it 1 unit here. It helps show the confidence level of your bet. A half unit bet is very low confidence and a 5 unit bet is a homerun.

Anyway, you probably know all this stuff. I just got kinda bored and started talking, 😆

It's rare to have a place with several friends that all want to win, like what we have here. I'm surprised we haven't organized a system here for our Pick of the Day bets.

It wouldn't be hard to do. We all just post what we think the best bet for the next day is, then we look at the bets everyone shares and rank them from most likely to least likely. I'm fairly certain we could come up with 1 solid bet every day.

I think we could hit around 75-80%. That would be awesome!
This is good stuff. Thanks. It’s been fun these last few weeks. Like I said, a few weeks ago I had less than a dollar in my bank roll and now tonight I hit $100. It’s peanuts compared to some I know, but it’s new fun learning and actually hitting on a higher percentage of bets lately. So I’m appreciative.

This is good stuff. Thanks. It’s been fun these last few weeks. Like I said, a few weeks ago I had less than a dollar in my bank roll and now tonight I hit $100. It’s peanuts compared to some I know, but it’s new fun learning and actually hitting on a higher percentage of bets lately. So I’m appreciative.
See if we can turn that hundred into a few thousand . . or more.

VN Store

Back