The Starting QB for Team 117

I think instead of rehashing the same old thing in differently titled threads is to sit back and let the season testify for itself. Why, as the season progresses, we might actually learn something. What a crazy thought. Exiting to the tune of "Yancy Derringer."

Probably doesn't matter who starts against Austin Peay. Anybody here remember Jerry Colquitt? Waited 4 years to get his chance, took a snap, turned, and the football gods just dropped a piano from space onto his knee because some kid named Manning was his back up and destiny is destiny.

I think we will have the true starter after the Florida game. That will be one glorified practice against AP, one dog fight with Petrino's talented WK team, and two trials by fire. Coach will have all questions answered by that point.

Last edited:
Actually, it doesn't matter who starts because most fans start yelling for the backup QB after the first few incompletions or an interception.

Reactions: 1 person
I am kinda amazed at the negative views on Worley. That kid got dumped on when he was put into the SEC frying pan when Bray got injured, I can't imagine many Freshman doing well then. He was a highly touted recruit who in my mind hasn't had the opportunity to show how good or bad he may be. In any case it seems to me Worley and Peterman should be 1 and 2 for competition keep redshirted on Dobbs and Ferguson until they can get more meat on their bones. Unless one of them is just blazing the practice field showing the others up.

Reactions: 3 people
I am kinda amazed at the negative views on Worley. That kid got dumped on when he was put into the SEC frying pan when Bray got injured, I can't imagine many Freshman doing well then. He was a highly touted recruit who in my mind hasn't had the opportunity to show how good or bad he may be. In any case it seems to me Worley and Peterman should be 1 and 2 for competition keep redshirted on Dobbs and Ferguson until they can get more meat on their bones. Unless one of them is just blazing the practice field showing the others up.

I'm not out to dump on Worley and I understand his few SEC snaps were in tough situations but he has yet to be impressive in any format. That includes practice, games, scrimmages, etc. That isn't typically what you get with a QB that ends up being successful. At some point they start clicking and impressing. I'm not saying Worley can't or won't I just haven't seen a convincing argument that he's provided us fans with anything but question marks and skepticism.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with Sgt. Everyone wanted Worley last year to start because he was the backup. Now he needs to be benched. Gotta love UT fans.

VN Store

Back