The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

How we get from A to B, in the form of him being off the ticket, is quite beside the point.

Can you imagine a brokered convention where Whitmer comes away with the nomination??? She'd get a huge portion of the female vote, tons of excitement. Revenge for the old guard for HRC.

Trump's worst nightmare.
"democracy" the Democratic nominee chosen by the people.

Gotcha.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I'm not sure it would except lay out what official duties are under the new ruling..that why I'd like to see it charged....
Wonder if a GOP lawyer will charge him.. that'd be amazing

No government official has the ability to murder an American this power was never given to the government by The People, so how could it be an official act?

They (or President) simple have/has no ability to perform the act under Law.

The courts are basically punting on Obama right now.

Many people at doj, fbi, cia, wh, and congress should be in jail for what they have been doing to this country.

Last edited:
Spain held it mostly due to native allies that could not stand Aztec human sacrificing but that is another story. Not sure there is any accuracy on the 10%. Small Pox wiped out a lot of people but not that many.

We can't even win in Afghanistan, Iraq, or Vietnam. Sad. Heck France conquered Vietnam in 1880 with no problem. Then they and the USA can't hold them in the 1950s/1960s. What changed?
Will

Sorry Hog. But that was the first thing that came to mind for me too.

They are meaningful. But the party choosing to set the result aside for good cause is hardly a coup.

What if information came to light that Trump in fact was on Putin's payroll? I mean, irrefutable evidence of it. Would the GOP be forced to nominate him at the upcoming convention? No, of course not.

If in this case the Dem party decides that Biden is not competent to be POTUS for the next four year,s that his decline is too imminent and substantial, they ought to be able to set aside the primary results, too.

Neither would be a good look. But as is, it seems to me that Biden has next to no chance to win and that it his own ego standing in the way. Reminds me a bit of RBG hanging on for too long. The old guard -- across the board (see e.g. McConnell) have to learn to step aside when the stepping is good.
No, it's tyranny

It doesn't matter if it was true. Its murder under U.S. law, he even hinted at it.

He could still be prosecuted.
Lots of people seem to be struggling with the "official act" stuff. The left has gone hog wild with the "seal team 6 can assassinate whoever Joe wants now" nonsense.

Clarence Thomas and Alito are now at home, sitting by their Trac Phones, waiting for a call from one of their rich, dark-money
conservative friends offering a secret luxury vacation. For the corrupt grifters, it's now "personal hospitality" time!
Has conflict of interest been shown in any case either of those two have ruled on?

I hate to throw a wrench into the narrative of Trump ordering Seal Team Six to assassinate anyone who looked at him cross-ways, but while I guess he could do that it would be extremely unlikely to be considered an official act as apparently those suffering from said conniption fit have failed to realize that MURDER is not one of the President's duties or powers under the Constitution. Additionally, the real problem is anyone in the military who followed such an order would be subject to UCMJ Article 118 and the penalty is either death or life imprisonment.

I know because I wanted James West and Artemus Gordon to kill Benjamin Harrison, but was advised it would not be considered an official act.

I hate to throw a wrench into the narrative of Trump ordering Seal Team Six to assassinate anyone who looked at him cross-ways, but while I guess he could do that it would be extremely unlikely to be considered an official act as apparently those suffering from said conniption fit have failed to realize that MURDER is not one of the President's duties or powers under the Constitution. Additionally, the real problem is anyone in the military who followed such an order would be subject to UCMJ Article 118 and the penalty is either death or life imprisonment.

I know because I wanted James West and Artemus Gordon to kill Benjamin Harrison, but was advised it would not be considered an official act.

I was thinking of the military and civilians involved with the murder of Americans under Obama.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I was thinking of the military and civilians involved with the murder of Americans under Obama.
Yeah, I know that gets thrown around a lot. I do not recall the circumstances, but wasn't it a case of some dumbasses being where they really shouldn't have been? If that is not the case, then I'll look it up.

I am in favor of broad immunity. For example, Clinton committed perjury (lying under oath) as President. Definitely not an official act of the POTUS. Should he have been impeached for it? Arguable either way, but I thought impeachment was right as well as the Senate acquitting him. I did not vote for him in either election, but would absolutely oppose the idea of some Federal or state prosecutor bringing perjury charges and trying the POTUS for it. We would have a never-ending circus of that crap which is what we are close to now.

Yeah, I know that gets thrown around a lot. I do not recall the circumstances, but wasn't it a case of some dumbasses being where they really shouldn't have been? If that is not the case, then I'll look it up.

I am in favor of broad immunity. For example, Clinton committed perjury (lying under oath) as President. Definitely not an official act of the POTUS. Should he have been impeached for it? Arguable either way, but I thought impeachment was right as well as the Senate acquitting him. I did not vote for him in either election, but would absolutely oppose the idea of some Federal or state prosecutor bringing perjury charges and trying the POTUS for it. We would have a never-ending circus of that crap which is what we are close to now.

I had no issues with them letting Clinton go within that context. That doesn't mean I don't think the Clintons shouldn't have been indicted on other matters.

I had no issues with them letting Clinton go within that context. That doesn't mean I don't think the Clintons shouldn't have been indicted on other matters.
Oh, there were things I absolutely think he should have been indicted on, but not while he was President. And Immunity does not extend to the Killer Wife.

Reactions: LSU-SIU and hog88

how many of us were declared threats to public safety or enemies of the nation during Covid because we didn't comply with Fauci? It won't be Seal Team Six, it will be the FBI, ATF, DEA, and who knows how many other alphabet agencies. so even though it won't be the military there are still plenty of tools for washington to remove their political enemies.

Whats funny is that most of the people who are denying that it could happen, already believe it actively does happen. Waco, the airport executive in Arkansas, JFK. Now the president can actually order those attacks/killings and get away with it. no due process required its an official action of one of the myriad of agencies.

how many of us were declared threats to public safety or enemies of the nation during Covid because we didn't comply with Fauci? It won't be Seal Team Six, it will be the FBI, ATF, DEA, and who knows how many other alphabet agencies. so even though it won't be the military there are still plenty of tools for washington to remove their political enemies.

Whats funny is that most of the people who are denying that it could happen, already believe it actively does happen. Waco, the airport executive in Arkansas, JFK. Now the president can actually order those attacks/killings and get away with it. no due process required its an official action of one of the myriad of agencies.

When in our history have they not been able to get away with it?

Reactions: GroverCleveland

Spoil sport

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back