The Third Saturday in October

Would you be in favor of not playing Bama every season?

• Yes

Votes: 101 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 62.2%

• Total voters

DarkVolder

Come on over to the dark side
With the additions of Texas and Oklahoma next season the schedule is about to get significantly tougher for everyone in the SEC including us. I’ve long thought that we got the shaft having to play Bama every year when Florida and Georgia didn’t have to. Would you be in favor of dropping the Alabama game and playing them every 3 to 4 years? We could pick up Ole Miss again as an annual opponent or even Auburn back in the day we used to play those teams every year and now hardly ever play them. I know of course that some traditionalists would strongly oppose not playing Alabama every season, but it really hasn’t helped us much in the last twenty years only winning 3 times since 2004 and it’s always usually a automatic loss every season. We always get screwed over by the refs in Tuscaloosa as well so I ask you this fellow Vol fans is it really worth the frustration and hassle of playing these fools every year? The landscape of college football is drastically changing and alot of long rivalries have ended in recent years due to expansion and realignment so I def wouldn’t be too upset or anything if the Bama game was dropped in 2025 and it’s not a guarantee anyway that it will continue past next season because of the 9 game conference schedule the SEC will adopt starting in the 2025 season.

Last edited:
With the additions of Texas and Oklahoma next season the schedule is about to get significantly tougher for everyone in the SEC including us. I’ve long thought that we got the shaft having to play Bama every year when Florida and Georgia didn’t have to. Would you be in favor of dropping the Alabama game and playing them every 3 to 4 years? We could pick up Ole Miss again as an annual opponent or even Auburn back in the day we used to play those teams every year and now hardly ever play them. I know of course that some traditionalists would strongly oppose not playing Alabama every season, but it really hasn’t helped us much in the last twenty years only winning 3 times since 2004 and it’s always usually a automatic loss every season. We always get screwed over by the refs in Tuscaloosa as well so I ask you this fellow Vol fans is it really worth the frustration and hassle of playing these fools every year? The landscape of college football is drastically changing and alot of long rivalries have ended in recent years due to expansion and realignment so I def wouldn’t be too upset or anything if the Bama game was dropped in 2025 and it’s not a guarantee anyway that it will continue past next season because of the 9 game conference schedule the SEC will adopt starting in the 2025 season.

I see them really falling off once Saban hangs it up. I would like to keep them on the schedule. I think with the growth of talent in TN due to population shifts it will really begin to benefit us and we will see Tennessee beat Bama more often than not once Saban is gone.

I see them really falling off once Saban hangs it up. I would like to keep them on the schedule. I think with the growth of talent in TN due to population shifts it will really begin to benefit us and we will see Tennessee beat Bama more often than not once Saban is gone.
They will still be so far ahead of us whoever they hire will step into a great situation. It will be like when Les replaced Saban at LSU

Last edited:
New trolls should not be allowed to start threads.
Haven’t won a SEC title in 26 years nearly meanwhile Bama has what a dozen in 15 years. What good does losing to these guys almost every year save for one since 2007 do us? I mean seriously? Alot of younger fans view Florida and Georgia as the bigger rivals anyway. Bama and Saban run the SEC and the officials and nobody will get a fair shake playing those guys it’s so freaking corrupt now it’s bordering WCW levels. We should give them the one finger salute and drop the yearly game.

No.

I have too many friends that are Bama fans. They hate UT more than anyone.
Most Bama fans I’ve been around have just felt sorry for us the last 15 years don’t view us as a real threat like they do Georgia , LSU and Auburn

This won’t age well, most of our fan base likes getting our heads beat in every year. They should really use it, to figure out we would be much more competitive by rotating Bama. They are gonna give you the following excuses:
Oh Nicky going to leave any day now.
Your’re a pu$$y, coward, idiot for even thinking that.
the series is really streaky we’ll come back.
It’s never knocked us out of a championship. (Wrong)
Oh we are Tennesse, we can beat Bama, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Oklahoma every year.
Why are you afraid of them.
Don’t listen them, even Spurrier talked about the inequity in scheduling.

Haven’t won a SEC title in 26 years nearly meanwhile Bama has what a dozen in 15 years. What good does losing to these guys almost every year save for one since 2007 do us? I mean seriously? Alot of younger fans view Florida and Georgia as the bigger rivals anyway. Bama and Saban run the SEC and the officials and nobody will get a fair shake playing those guys it’s so freaking corrupt now it’s bordering WCW levels. We should give them the one finger salute and drop the yearly game.
So who should play Saban? I think he's only lost 13 or 14 SEC games in 16 years.

By your theory, no one should play him.

Most Bama fans I’ve been around have just felt sorry for us the last 15 years don’t view us as a real threat like they do Georgia , LSU and Auburn
It's time for the tide to turn and for the Vols to have the upper hand for a while. We'll enjoy that.
Let's not be sissies in search of a safe space. We can face our adversaries head on.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back