The twilight days of Pax Americana and its coming fall

Honestly, IDK who gets more blame, the people who can't be bothered with being informed enough, or the people who are well informed and go lesser of 2 evils. It's not for me to say, I just know they get blame. I think people like us (abstainers) get a little shred of blame too, because we were well aware and could have done more to affect change. Sins of omission are far less problematic than sins of commission.
Agree to a point. You and I are on similar a similar path. I am just further along. I used to be active in voting when I thought It made a difference. I have come to the conclusion it really doesn't make any difference. I believe we will need a cataclysmic event to make change. Unfortunately, there is tremendous risk in that approach because gigantic shifts usually precede more tyranny and not more freedom.

That's a really good article, by the way. I am about haflway through it Thanks for posting.

Agree to a point. You and I are on similar a similar path. I am just further along. I used to be active in voting when I thought It made a difference. I have come to the conclusion it really doesn't make any difference. I believe we will need a cataclysmic event to make change. Unfortunately, there is tremendous risk in that approach because gigantic shifts usually precede more tyranny and not more freedom.

That's a really good article, by the way. I am about haflway through it Thanks for posting.
If the cataclysmic events of the last 3 years don't get our attention what will? Wildfires, floods, pandemics, riots and we think all we need to do is pay more taxes.

Reactions: tbwhhs and McDad
Most don't care and think we can't collapse.
Circling back. If your thoughts are accurate, then there really is no hope for correction before collapse.

Politicians will exploit our apathy and ignorance completely.

Needless squabbles? The radicals are trying to fundamentally transform our nation
Not what I would call needless reaction

The radicals are giving people hope who haven't had much, or any, to hang on to. You and I may not agree with what is being offered, but it's up to us to convince those longing for a better life that our way is better. Just Work Harder / Bootstraps isn't exactly selling itself.

The radicals are giving people hope who haven't had much, or any, to hang on to. You and I may not agree with what is being offered, but it's up to us to convince those longing for a better life that our way is better. Just Work Harder / Bootstraps isn't exactly selling itself.

These radicals don’t give a crap about the poor just money and the power to distribute
I dare say they are the most selfish people imaginable

I have many conflicted feelings on this.

So what if the best sniper ever to live likes to wear high heels and put his makeup on with a trowel when away on leave? If he can make more of the enemy die for their cause than ours do for hours, who cares about his fashion sense?

We should have an armed forces that represents the colorful mosaic that is the United States. And we should have an armed forces that is prepared to defeat enemies at the drop of a hat with no question as to the success of the mission.

I’d say 100% of trannies aren’t even going to be deployable. With mental health counseling and hormone injections it’s pretty much impossible. And no the military shouldn’t represent any “colorful mosaic”.

What's your take on the public's perception of waste and spending in government? People don't know, don't care, don't think we can collapse?

I think this is a Friedman idea/quote I am extolling.

Joe is happy for his neighbor to pay for his wants. Joe’s neighbor feels the same way about his neighbors.

These radicals don’t give a crap about the poor just money and the power to distribute

One set of radicals wants to distribute money down. The other set wants to distribute it up. It's a crazy world we live in.

One set of radicals wants to distribute money down. The other set wants to distribute it up. It's a crazy world we live in.
What is that supposed to mean?
Trickle down?

Here's the problem. You are unwilling and unable to listen to any viewpoint of your own. There is no compromise. You would rather sink the whole thing rather than work together. There are versions of you on both sides of this equation, but it is the same attitude.

Reactions: McDad
Are you receptive to a tweak to your beliefs?

Here's the problem. You are unwilling and unable to listen to any viewpoint of your own. There is no compromise. You would rather sink the whole thing rather than work together. There are versions of you on both sides of this equation, but it is the same attitude.
Not willing to compromise? Come on
We have a very healthy safety net and spent trillions with apparently little success. Recent actions point to the power of the government to interfere in the lives of all Americans
Are you not paying attention?

Reactions: McDad
Circling back. If your thoughts are accurate, then there really is no hope for correction before collapse.

Politicians will exploit our apathy and ignorance completely.

There is no hope of stopping it now. It would take a dictatorship, someone that had the authority to make the tough decisions without fear of losing an election to save this union.

Reactions: AM64
There is no hope of stopping it now. It would take a dictatorship, someone that had the authority to make the tough decisions without fear of losing an election to save this union.

If they can destroy us with memes I suppose TikTok videos will do it next time.

Reactions: AM64
In your opinion, what is more risky?

Collapse and a new government, or Dictatorship to restore but may not get away from dictatorship?

VN Store

Back