The Unoffocial Wimbledon 2013 Thread

But watch that point, it's hilarious. It appears that Tsonga is going out of his way to lose the point.

Rhyne Williams got two good mentions on ESPN during the Wimbledon coverage this morning.

The question came up about men's tennis' hopes for the U.S. and Patrick McEnroe said there were some up and coming players ready to break through soon. He mentioned Kudla, Sock and Rhyne Williams. He later added Ryan Harrison's name.

Chrissie Evert wasn't paying attention and said, yeah, "What about Rhyne Williams?" She mentioned seeing him practicing hard recently.

Greatest day in all of tennis and I get to spend it with my cardiologist. great...

Hey, MB, you gotta stop taking these Federer slam losses so hard!

Good luck with the cardiologist visit.

Hey, MB, you gotta stop taking these Federer slam losses so hard!

Good luck with the cardiologist visit.

lol :) Check out Lisicki. Chickie got game. Serena better get it together, or she's gonna get ousted very quickly today. Not that it would break my heart - never been a fan.

Serena firing away, now. Can't see her losing at this point. I gotta give it up for her for changing things around. She can do it like no other.

I thought Serena was the closest thing to a sure bet.

Crazy tournament this year.

Pretty sure Tomic regrets telling the interviewer that Berdych probably isn't gonna like what Tomic brings to the match.

One of the largest blunders I've ever seen at Wimbledon is the fact that Na Li didn't challenge the out call on her service on set point in the first - it was in. She had three challenges in her pocket and didn't even use one. Radwanska ended up winning the set. Li won the second set and then lost the match in the third. Radwaska moves on to the semis.

I doubt he does.

You don't think that Tomic might recognize that his comments might have sparked a fire in Berdych? If nothing else, he should have felt a twinge of regret for saying it and not being able to back it up, but who knows..:question:

The interesting question, in my mind, is if it comes down to Murray and Djokovich, who wins? Both are on fire.

The better story, of course, is for Murray to win. There's a lot to like about Djoker's game though. I think I can stomach a win by any of the remaining players except for Berdych. Ugh. The only final I'll tune in for is Djokovic v. Murray.

On the women: I'm jumping on the Lisicki bandwagon. Which bodes terribly for her.

The better story, of course, is for Murray to win. There's a lot to like about Djoker's game though. I think I can stomach a win by any of the remaining players except for Berdych. Ugh. The only final I'll tune in for is Djokovic v. Murray.

On the women: I'm jumping on the Lisicki bandwagon. Which bodes terribly for her.

The better story is for Murray to win. Djoker is going to be tough to beat, though.

I'm cool with Lisicki or Ag Rad.

You don't think that Tomic might recognize that his comments might have sparked a fire in Berdych? If nothing else, he should have felt a twinge of regret for saying it and not being able to back it up, but who knows..:question:

He doesn't seem like the contemplative type.

Is it Li Na or Na Li? I can never figure it out.

They say their names backwards in China. Li is her last name but they say last name first out of respect for family. I don't have a problem with that, but I'm not Chinese and so I choose the English version - Na Li.

Last edited:

LOL. I'm on that bandwagon, too. Hard not to like a girl that is all smiles while in the heat of a match. I think that bubbly attitude keeps her loose under pressure.

Lol, I love the dude who shouted at Murray "What are you doing?" in a British accent. I <3 british people.

VN Store

Back