The Unoffocial Wimbledon 2013 Thread

Gotta feel a bit for Verdasco. Unforced errors getting met w/ standing ovations has got to be a bit frustrating.

Is Delpo hurt or not? I've only been able to watch bits and pieces, but it seems every time I see part of his match they talk about a leg injury.

Is Delpo hurt or not? I've only been able to watch bits and pieces, but it seems every time I see part of his match they talk about a leg injury.

He hyperextended his knee on the seventh point of the match. Dunno if you've ever done it, but I did it five minutes before the end of the first day of a five hour practice my second year playing for UT. Ended my short-lived career. It doesn't hurt so much, and he was given pain meds, I believe, so he could have played through it. I believe from experience that his mobility would have limited him, despite the pain meds, had there been a ligament tear. Either way, he will feel it in days to come and I just hope he can play in the semi.

He hyperextended his knee on the seventh point of the match. Dunno if you've ever done it, but I did it five minutes before the end of the first day of a five hour practice my second year playing for UT. Ended my short-lived career. It doesn't hurt so much, and he was given pain meds, I believe, so he could have played through it. I believe from experience that his mobility would have limited him, despite the pain meds, had there been a ligament tear. Either way, he will feel it in days to come and I just hope he can play in the semi.

You played tennis for UT?

You played tennis for UT?

No. Soccer. We weren't AA - title 9 - I don't usually bring it up because most of the idiots on site don't recognize soccer as a real sport. Had they played my first game for ut against the no. 1 team in the nation, they would think differently within seconds.

Holy moly, MB, that's all kinds of awesome. What is soccer? :) I kid, I kid. Nice accomplishment, sorry about the knee.

Holy moly, MB, that's all kinds of awesome. What is soccer? :) I kid, I kid. Nice accomplishment, sorry about the knee.

lol. '83 SECCG. Lost to LSU under about 2 inches of water. Again, we weren't AA so you would have a hard time looking it up, but I got the details in my head. Did not intend to hijack the thread.

On another note, Marion Bartoli could not be more annoying to watch.

No. Soccer. We weren't AA - title 9 - I don't usually bring it up because most of the idiots on site don't recognize soccer as a real sport. Had they played my first game for ut against the no. 1 team in the nation, they would think differently within seconds.

Awesome. That's mad cool.

lol. '83 SECCG. Lost to LSU under about 2 inches of water. Again, we weren't AA so you would have a hard time looking it up, but I got the details in my head. Did not intend to hijack the thread.

On another note, Marion Bartoli could not be more annoying to watch.

I really dislike Bartoli.

I think Murray roll Jersey Shore.

I want to think Delpo can beat Joko, but can he?

Dunno about Murray rolling him. He's strong.

I want to think it, too. Djoke is an a-hole. Always has been. His return game will tell the tale.

Last edited:
I really dislike Bartoli.

I watched the interview with her because my wife wanted to see it. Turns out, she's very endearing. F'n smart, too. How many tennis players boast a 175 IQ? She could not be more annoying, on court.

I swear I cannot decide which player I want to pull this semi-final match out between JM Del Potro and Nole Djokovic. I absolutely love both of their games. Amazing tennis.

How does JMDP hit the ball so damn hard? Obliterates it.

On to the 5th.

Can anyone explain why two successive slice backhands during a match is comical? Tennis crowds are nutty.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back