The Virginia Gov race

Used to be that way. Now one party is possessed by pure unadulterated evil. (A party I have voted for in the past by the way)

I see both major parties as hives of scum and filth. We can save so much money, influence, and bad commercial airtime by abolishing parties and having candidates run on their own unique platforms

I see both major parties as hives of scum and filth. We can save so much money, influence, and bad commercial airtime by abolishing parties and having candidates run on their own unique platforms
Noble sentiment but totally impractical. Political parties are an unavoidable feature of democracy all the way back to Ancient Greece

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

GEORGE WASHINGTON FAREWELL ADDRESS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 1796

Always remember that it's the person, not the party.

I quote this often. I have a copy framed on my wall. I know it will never happen and it's only a dream, but how I wish for a time where we voted based on what you stand for and not the letter next to your name.

Most of the stuff I stand for would fall under the R, but I have cast a D vote when I felt they was the better person.

The longer we go, the farther we get from a person expressing their views to a person picking views based off of the party.

VN Store

Back