The Worley thread (merged)

Look..the past five years has us used to losing...why not mature one of the freshmen into a Butch Jones leader!!!! Worley/Peterman both suck equally!

Worley may be bad but this was the worst offensive game plan I have seen in 30 years of watching UT football.
And to think some people were complaining about Chaney/Bray last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
With Oregon dropping into soft coverage and letting Worley sit in the pocket his strengths are really showing. He's making good reads. He doesn't throw well in motion. But he's on target from the pocket.

What game did you watch?

QUESTION- How can you gameplan and coach a read option when your QB is incapable of running the ball?

Question 2- Have we completely gone away from a pro-style offense? I think if we lined up behind center and ran the ball more and added play action passing, we would have done much better. If we are a shotgun/read option team, then get a *amn QB that can run the freakin ball.

Reactions: 2 people
With Oregon dropping into soft coverage and letting Worley sit in the pocket his strengths are really showing. He's making good reads. He doesn't throw well in motion. But he's on target from the pocket.

The reason, (I believe) that we ran the ball so much is because bUTch doesn't trust Worleys throwing. So, he is limiting his passing opportunities.....

Again, let Worley start against Florida. Then we will have four games to see how Worley is as a q.b. Then against South Ala bam, start Peterman.

Peterman may have some shortcomings but you can learn how to play. You can't teach someone to have a stronger arm. Worley can't be taught to have a stronger arm.

I remember when Worley played three games for the injured Bray. People were wondering if Worley was a system q.b. in high school or if he was a real talent.

Well, what do you think of his skills now????

Worley may be bad but this was the worst offensive game plan I have seen in 30 years of watching UT football.
It was the KISS plan but it dont work in football

No rason to let Worely play anymore he has had many many chances and has never shown anything in any of them.....i want to see fergy or dobbs...let the take their lums thisyear and next yer wewill be ready to roll

abc announcers did say almost every pass play that the receivers were jus covered no where to throw the ball. I completely understand your side of it 100% with worley, but you got to see that side as well as no play maker.

IMO, the game plan wasn't the worst we've seen. There have been others.

The game plan was working the first few series against Oregon. It's a combination of several areas within the team (i.e. special teams and worley's poor decisions) that led to the collapse and putting the defense in an impossible situation.

I think you start Worley against the gators but with a short leash. Have Peterman ready to go in case Worley stinks it up for the forth straight week. From there, you have the s.alabama game to get Peterman dialed in for the rest of the schedule.

abc announcers did say almost every pass play that the receivers were jus covered no where to throw the ball. I completely understand your side of it 100% with worley, but you got to see that side as well as no play maker.

I seem to remember "pass off target" about every play.

Reactions: 1 person
I think you start Worley against the gators but with a short leash. Have Peterman ready to go in case Worley stinks it up for the forth straight week. From there, you have the s.alabama game to get Peterman dialed in for the rest of the schedule.
Worley = Todd Helton or AJ Suggs. Let Peterman take over and if he can't get it done at UF, then go with one of the freshmen after that.

Reactions: 2 people
I hear WAR drums from the Volnation. We should be the Cherokees instead of Vols. I agree with my fellow Vols my tomahawk is out. Worsley should. Be scalped and set on bench. Sorry he cannot cut the mustard. This shttt bout to drive me to drink in...start Petrrmsn next week at least he can throw a feet ball. Go vols

I seem to remember "pass off target" about every play.

He said in his post video that a lot of his incomplete passes were throw aways cause everyone was covered. but i do remember 2 specifically that he missed wide open. That could have been huge plays.

After reflecting for a couple of hours and watching some other games. Are team looked like Cocke County High School versus the Eagles today. I did not expect UT to win but what a F'n embarrassment this game was. Thank goodness the Ala/A&M game was on to take a lot of eyes away for the joke we rolled out in toker land today.

The play calling was horrible and it's pretty comical to watch us run the zone read with a QB who is one of the worst I have ever seen in college football. He cannot throw or run and he looks scared.

I am not shocked because he was trash when he got the chance to play while Bray was hurt and he was also trash against WKU.

With all of that said and with the leash that Worley appears to have with Jones I am scared to see how bad are other QB's are if Worley is playing.

VN Store

Back