The worst part of facing FSU again

I really don't think our pitching was bad against FSU. I think our fielding was poor and FSU is simply a good hitting team. We really just had one inning where we fell apart and let FSU score 6.
Dude, you need to read end between the lines, 'THE STATS'! The errors were terrible. But, all runs were earned and UT had 9 walks. The pitching was bad! I don't see UT making the same mistake again. Hold the Noles to under 5 and UT definitely wins! Their pitching isn't that good and depleted somewhat now.

I really don't think our pitching was bad against FSU. I think our fielding was poor and FSU is simply a good hitting team. We really just had one inning where we fell apart and let FSU score 6.
Agree. We committed 3 Errors hopefully from jitters. I think the team is more comfortable than they were in the first game. Ball park is huge and they have made the adjustment. We practically gave them 5 runs because of the errors or mishaps which were committed at two outs. Pitching is always a question. We will more than likely be the visitors tomorrow. A feature of this team has been depth and strength in the pitching staff. We are going to need bat productions as well and if they continue to hit Arnold they way they did if he starts then I see us winning. Really do not want it to go beyond tomorrow with FSU.

The gem is that CTV and staff have had a day off and can plan accordingly. CTV will battle plan this better than he did the opening game. I think we see the UNC game in a repeat type performance. The pressure is on them, win two or go home and it is not us. We will play with the same attitude and not take it for granted.

FSU has to weigh a lot more than we do in regards to their pitching. If they do use Arnold and win then they're without him for game two and potentially the weekend championship. I think they will try to win tomorrow without and then try to use him on Thursday if that game is needed. But, who knows.
You got win today or there is no tomorrow for FSU

I agree. My thought is that 4 days rest is not enough. May try to get that 1 extra day in. Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't their reliever who came in also a starting pitcher?
The incoming weather may give them another day. Crazy how things seemingly all lined up in our favor are now changing for the worse. Weather giving FSU more rest plus injuries nagging the Vols. Just don't like the way this thing is lining up for us. Bad vibes growing.

Reactions: PA Vol
is how many times we will see and hear about the “check swing” from Friday.
I’d put the over/under at about 50.
WE WILL PREVAIL ! Turn down the volume and listen to the Vol network. We’re not worried about that , it’s business and this team is different. ENJOY THE RIDE MY VOL FRINDS ! This team has given more opportunities to meet up , talk **** and enjoy cold drinks with our VOL buddies.GBO 🍊

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Winning a national championship doesn’t come easy. I personally think the two best teams left are us and Florida State. And I think the winner of our bracket will win the national championship. Can FSU beat us two straight? Sure especially in baseball. Will they? Don’t think so, we’ve not lost two straight since the Bama series and don’t think we would in this situation. Too much on the line and our players know this. Their ace will probably go Wednesday, as it’s an elimination game for them plus he would be available again if they make championship series. Vols have seen him once so they should have an advantage. On the flip side, if we have to play a if necessary on Thursday, they had great success for the most part against Causey who would be our pitcher for that game most likely . I like our chances, we have two games to play to win one.If we lose the first one, be patient Vol nation we will get the 2nd one. I think the Vols will meet the challenge and advance to play for a national championship and win it! We just need to play clean defensively against FSU, make the plays that are routine and we should win 1 of the 2. As always, Go Vols! In Tony we trust!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnWardForever
Right now, fsu and a&m are the best remaining challengers to Tennessee. Beat the best, leave no doubt.
We are the best team in the country and everyone knows it, most just hate that we are. Jealousy is running strong. We will win a national championship in baseball in 2024 and watch the haters run away and hide.

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
The incoming weather may give them another day. Crazy how things seemingly all lined up in our favor are now changing for the worse. Weather giving FSU more rest plus injuries nagging the Vols. Just don't like the way this thing is lining up for us. Bad vibes growing.
I think the bad vibes are only growing from your perspective. None of that growing over here 😉. Get rid of those bad vibes.

Winning a national championship doesn’t come easy. I personally think the two best teams left are us and Florida State. And I think the winner of our bracket will win the national championship. Can FSU beat us two straight? Sure especially in baseball. Will they? Don’t think so, we’ve not lost two straight since the Bama series and don’t think we would in this situation. Too much on the line and our players know this. Their ace will probably go Wednesday, as it’s an elimination game for them plus he would be available again if they make championship series. Vols have seen him once so they should have an advantage. On the flip side, if we have to play a if necessary on Thursday, they had great success for the most part against Causey who would be our pitcher for that game most likely . I like our chances, we have two games to play to win one.If we lose the first one, be patient Vol nation we will get the 2nd one. I think the Vols will meet the challenge and advance to play for a national championship and win it! We just need to play clean defensively against FSU, make the plays that are routine and we should win 1 of the 2. As always, Go Vols! In Tony we trust!

Reactions: Zues1
They have to win game 1, first, so they'll fire all their bullets if they're available. If they save him for game 2 a day later on Thursday, that puts his weekend availability in greater jeopardy than pitching him on Wednesday. Their season is on the line tomorrow first and foremost...Arnold will go on 4 days rest if necessary, perhaps with a pitch count.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts.

VN Store

Back