They Don’t Pay Their Fair Share

You’ve still not defined. How is paying double your share of the income not equitable? And when would it become equitable?
I think the point it becomes equitable would continually change based on a number of factors.
But remember, everyone is paying the same percent on each range of income.

I think the point it becomes equitable would continually change based on a number of factors.
But remember, everyone is paying the same percent on each range of income.

So to be sure I’m understanding you:

1. It’s not enough

2. You’re unable to define what should be enough, but you know it’s more.

So let’s see if we get anywhere with this question….how do you know they’re not paying enough?

How about you?
Do you have a number in mind?
What percent of the burden should the top 1% shoulder?
I do not. Not really.

Some think 40% is outrageous. Others think it’s not near enough.

I believe the top 20% shoulders 80% - is that reasonable? I guess. People will disagree.

Reactions: luthervol

1. It’s not enough

So let’s see if we get anywhere with this question….how do you know they’re not paying enough?
It would be the same way you know they are paying just enough, or too much.
But I would consider the trajectory of income (wealth) inequality in conjunction with the national debt.

It would be the same way you know they are paying just enough, or too much.
But I would consider the trajectory of income (wealth) inequality in conjunction with the national debt.

Lol so to be clear you don’t want to tax wealth but you know they’re not paying enough because of wealth? Circles, Luther.

Wealth and the national debt? That’s odd because if you confiscated all the wealth of every billionaire in America, it wouldn’t pay our budget for 1 year.

It’s almost as if you’re just trolling and talking in circles with no real intent of ever getting anywhere

Reactions: McDad
Lol so to be clear you don’t want to tax wealth but you know they’re not paying enough because of wealth? Circles, Luther.

Wealth and the national debt? That’s odd because if you confiscated all the wealth of every billionaire in America, it wouldn’t pay our budget for 1 year.

It’s almost as if you’re just trolling and talking in circles with no real intent of ever getting anywhere
lol........
I said on here a while back that I would support across the board spending cuts, with other criteria being met.
Spare me the condescending comments as if you are in search of answers while I am not.

1. It’s not enough

Luther won’t answer because his real answer involves the redistribution of that accumulated wealth. He has repeatedly said, where did he say wealth should be taxed? He hasn’t said that. However, notice that he also won’t specifically state that he doesn’t believe wealth shouldn’t be taxed. The problem for liberals is that you can’t tax the realized income of the wealthy at a high enough rate to sufficiently erode their wealth to achieve their Marxist dream of total equality of outcomes. That is because most wealth accumulation for the wealthy is in unrealized income.

Direct yes or no question for Luther: Do you agree that wealth (which includes unrealized income) should not be taxed?

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
lol........
I said on here a while back that I would support across the board spending cuts, with other criteria being met.
Spare me the condescending comments as if you are in search of answers while I am not.

I’ve provided my answers. I’ll provide any you wish. But that’s not your intent. You’re going in circles. Just be honest. Why do you want to raise taxes on the wealthy? I think by any standard we’d have to agree they’re paying enough (double their share of income)

Luther won’t answer because his real answer involves the redistribution of that accumulated wealth. He has repeatedly said, where did he say wealth should be taxed because he hasn’t said that. However, notice that he also won’t specifically state that he doesn’t believe wealth shouldn’t be taxed. The problem for liberals is that you can’t tax the realized income of the wealthy at a high enough rate to sufficiently erode their wealth to achieve their Marxist dream of total equality of outcomes. That is because most wealth accumulation for the wealthy is in unrealized income.

Direct yes or no question for Luther: Do you agree that wealth (which includes unrealized income) should not be taxed?
No. I believe in property tax.

I’ve provided my answers. I’ll provide any you wish. But that’s not your intent. You’re going in circles. Just be honest. Why do you want to raise taxes on the wealthy? I think by any standard we’d have to agree they’re paying enough (double their share of income)
Not at all.
You believe if they earn 20% of the income they should pay 20% of the taxes.
I disagree.
There is nothing circular about that.

1. It’s not enough

This clown has said he would happily pay more just as long as everyone else has to. Idiot dims have “great plans” they just don’t want to act on them unless everyone else is forced to.

Reactions: Vol8188
Not at all.
I disagree.

Not at all.
I disagree.

Why? Why do you believe they should pay more than double their share of the income….circles….

No. I believe in property tax.
So your plan is to redefine property to include cash, marketable securities and other non-liquid investments and then confiscate them from the wealthy through obscenely high tax rates.

This clown has said he would happily pay more just as long as everyone else has to. Idiot dims have “great plans” they just don’t want to act on them unless everyone else is forced to.

I loved his epic failure with Sweden earlier. First he presented them while trying to argue our taxes weren’t progressive enough. Then he admitted their taxes weren’t progressive enough. Then he claimed we have worse income inequality than Sweden. Then admitted he was wrong.

It’s amazing really. It’s rare to witness someone be wrong about everything they say

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back