They Don’t Pay Their Fair Share

But pay 97%. Unfair. Reduce taxes on them and raise them on the lower
I'd prefer to see the 40 hour week taxed (since we will never get rid of income tax), and the overtime or 2nd job untaxed (including employer matching). The bottom 50% would increase their portion, they'd make more $ overall, and the employment shortage would vanish.

Why? Why do you believe they should pay more than double their share of the income….circles….
I believe everyone should pay an increased percentage in taxes as their income increases. More of a line than a circle.

No. We need fewer federal taxes and lower total federal taxes with MUCH, MUCH lower federal spending.
The true solution is to make deficit spending only allowable if it passes by the same requirements of amending the constitution. I am not saying we should never deficit spend. But it should take both the Feds and States being on board. Pipe dream I know.

Reactions: McDad
The true solution is to make deficit spending only allowable if it passes by the same requirements of amending the constitution. I am not saying we should never deficit spend. But it should take both the Feds and States being on board. Pipe dream I know.
Reasons to consider deficit spending?

I agree with the concept, but I also agree it’s a pipe dream.

I believe everyone should pay an increased percentage in taxes as their income increases. More of a line than a circle.

Jesus….that occurs already. That’s why the 1% pay almost all of the taxes and the bottom 50% pay almost 0%

So how are they not paying enough?

Reasons to consider deficit spending?

Who knows. A world war type situation. My bigger concern is the mechanism. If you keep it like a constitutional amendment then the citizenry really has no one to blame if it goes tits up.

Jesus….that occurs already. That’s why the 1% pay almost all of the taxes and the bottom 50% pay almost 0%

He won’t answer because his real answer is that they’re not paying enough because they’re still wealthy.

Reactions: Vol8188
So you are unaware of our graduated income tax system? This is how liberals convince people that every tax cut benefits the rich. Of course it does. They are going to hit the max rate at every level. But please keep screaming

I loved his epic failure with Sweden earlier. First he presented them while trying to argue our taxes weren’t progressive enough. Then he admitted their taxes weren’t progressive enough. Then he claimed we have worse income inequality than Sweden. Then admitted he was wrong.

It’s amazing really. It’s rare to witness someone be wrong about everything they say
That's pretty funny seeing as how I'm the one who has provided links with actual facts.

I think we both agree that you have provided opinions with no data while I have provided data to refute your opinions.

Who knows. A world war type situation. My bigger concern is the mechanism. If you keep it like a constitutional amendment then the citizenry really has no to blame if it goes tits up.
Of course, that approval process would also be so long and drawn out that you wouldn’t be able to quickly respond to whatever emergency needed to be addressed.

That's pretty funny seeing as how I'm the one who has provided links with actual facts.

I think we both agree that you have provided opinions with no data while I have provided data to refute your opinions.
Lol. You haven’t refuted anything.

What?
I thought you said 1% paid 40%, at least try to stay consistent.
It sounds like we both agree with the graduated scale - progress.

Of course, that approval process would also be so long and drawn out that you wouldn’t be able to quickly respond to whatever emergency needed to be addressed.
That's another problem. It shouldn't take 10,000 pages to make a law or submit a budget. Everything is way over bloated. I doubt any law passed in the 1800's was 10% that big.

You provided links that you misunderstood, that went against your point. It was sad really.

In your mind what did showing that Sweden has a higher top end rate, a less progressive tax system, and more wealth inequality….what did that do to strengthen your argument? In order to answer that you should first start by clarifying what your argument is

So you are unaware of our graduated income tax system? This is how liberals convince people that every tax cut benefits the rich. Of course it does. They are going to hit the max rate at every level. But please keep screaming
???????
Of course I'm aware of the graduated system. I am a supporter of the graduated system. I have been on here advocating for the graduated system.

Who knows. A world war type situation. My bigger concern is the mechanism. If you keep it like a constitutional amendment then the citizenry really has no to blame if it goes tits up.
Yeah. I agree in principle.
However in reality, I have such cynicism for politicians, I could see them agreeing to war just to loosen the purse strings to buy votes.

Reactions: volfanhill
If she’s being honest, that means she got back more in taxes than she earned. Not more than she paid, but more than she even earned. That’s insane
It happens, I have a niece and nephew who both got thousands back when they made hundreds -maybe worked 2 months each

Reactions: Vol8188
What?
I thought you said 1% paid 40%, at least try to stay consistent.
It sounds like we both agree with the graduated scale - progress.

What am I not being consistent on?

And you’re still ignoring the question. Why are they not paying enough?

You provided links that you misunderstood, that went against your point. It was sad really.

In your mind what did showing that Sweden has a higher top end rate, a less progressive tax system, and more wealth inequality….what did that do to strengthen your argument? In order to answer that you should first start by clarifying what your argument is
I was showing that your statement in the OP was wrong. Pure and simple.

VN Store

Back