"They're out to get us!" The science behind conspiracy addicts, and a possible cure

AshG

Easy target
Conspiracy theorists lack critical thinking skills: New study

Critical thinking is the objective analysis and evaluation of a situation – and requires a number of cognitive skills.

These include the ability to think systematically, see other perspectives, change your mind when new evidence arises, identify relevant versus irrelevant information, identify and discard logical fallacies, be aware of biases and avoid them, and look beyond the obvious.

Critical thinking is the objective analysis and evaluation of a situation – and requires a number of cognitive skills.
These include the ability to think systematically, see other perspectives, change your mind when new evidence arises, identify relevant versus irrelevant information, identify and discard logical fallacies, be aware of biases and avoid them, and look beyond the obvious.

This is by far the biggest obstacle that many people have to overcome. In the mind of some, the admission that they are mistaken...it's just not in them to do so because of pride or the fear of appearing mentally weak or wishy washy. For some, once they commit to a certain ideology or opinion, pfft good luck convincing them otherwise no matter how much evidence you offer up because at that point, guarding their belief takes priority over allowing themselves to learn/evolve.

This is exactly what THEY want us to believe.

Wake up, Sheeple!

I'll put myself out there front and center and let you guys attack me for being a conspiracy theorist. But here is my angle:

1. I have no idea what the long term effect of the vaccines are. The CDC, FDA, Fauci, Biden and all of the flip-flopping and goalpost moving hasn't inspired confidence in a person that is already cynical to begin with.
2. The vaccines may be "safe and effective"... they very well could be, but on principle, even if they are, they should not be mandated. The reason why is that I can see this opening the door down the road for more vaccines later on and, as we've seen in New York and Biden's mandate, opens the door for your livelihood and freedom being controlled or taken from you based on a personal medical decision.
3. Mandating masks, in my opinion, isn't about stopping the spread of the disease because there are too many examples by now of mask wearing not having any effect on the spread of this virus. The masks are a way of getting compliance and obedience out of the people.

Just a friendly reminder that the term conspiracy theory was coined by the CIA in the 1960’s as a way to have their partners in media and politics discredit anyone questioning the “official storyline” of the JFK assassination and the Warren Commission Report.
The actual CIA “psych” Dispatch discussing the conspiracy theory terminology was received by the New York Times via a FOIA request in the 1970’s and you can probably still find an actual photocopy of that Dispatch online.

Just a friendly reminder that the term conspiracy theory was coined by the CIA in the 1960’s as a way to have their partners in media and politics discredit anyone questioning the “official storyline” of the JFK assassination and the Warren Commission Report.
The actual CIA “psych” Dispatch discussing the conspiracy theory terminology was received by the New York Times via a FOIA request in the 1970’s and you can probably still find an actual photocopy of that Dispatch online.
It is still an effective weapon. Before the CIA came along, people like me would just be called "cynics".

I'll put myself out there front and center and let you guys attack me for being a conspiracy theorist. But here is my angle:

1. I have no idea what the long term effect of the vaccines are. The CDC, FDA, Fauci, Biden and all of the flip-flopping and goalpost moving hasn't inspired confidence in a person that is already cynical to begin with.
2. The vaccines may be "safe and effective"... they very well could be, but on principle, even if they are, they should not be mandated. The reason why is that I can see this opening the door down the road for more vaccines later on and, as we've seen in New York and Biden's mandate, opens the door for your livelihood and freedom being controlled or taken from you based on a personal medical decision.
3. Mandating masks, in my opinion, isn't about stopping the spread of the disease because there are too many examples by now of mask wearing not having any effect on the spread of this virus. The masks are a way of getting compliance and obedience out of the people.

You aren't a conspiracy theorist. You are simply awake and not one of the sheep

All of those same things could be said about people who trust their government

If somebody has been proven several times to be a manipulative liar, you aren't a conspiracy theorist for not taking them at their word. The intelligence agencies, the government as a whole, and public health institutions such as the CDC and WHO have all proven to be manipulative liars. Take them at their word all you want, but that is not the logical thing to do ever, and you're not some sort of sensible and rational "good person" for believing official narratives without scrutinizing them.

Agree with the first two. The last one is just a stretch.

If somebody has been proven several times to be a manipulative liar, you aren't a conspiracy theorist for not taking them at their word. The intelligence agencies, the government as a whole, and public health institutions such as the CDC and WHO have all proven to be manipulative liars. Take them at their word all you want, but that is not the logical thing to do ever, and you're not some sort of sensible and rational "good person" for believing official narratives without scrutinizing them.

But the problem is that you take the word of people you don't even know from sources that are proven to post falsehoods as well. You were on here not long ago talking about ordering kids from a pizza shop and Wayfair.

Agree with the first two. The last one is just a stretch.

There’s no evidence on a population level that masks or mask mandates are effective. And it does seem to be a new way of virtue signaling your compliance with authority.

I consider none of that a stretch

Last edited:
But the problem is that you take the word of people you don't even know from sources that are proven to post falsehoods as well. You were on here not long ago talking about ordering kids from a pizza shop and Wayfair.

The bold proves my point. You took Buzzfeed and Vox at their word about the nature of pizzagate rather than being skeptical of their take on what it actually was all about.

Please do your absolute best to provide receipts of me saying the bold above. I didn't take anyone's "word". I saw the wikileaks emails myself, I saw the "mass shooting" of the pizza place in real time where there wasn't a single injury other than a computer, I saw Elephantis' own instagram posts and his own words and came to the conclusion that he was a very well connected world class creep and that it is plausible that something nefarious could potentially be going on. I never once said kids were being ordered from a pizza shop, and neither did almost anyone else. You have to radically exaggerate what I say to make me look like some crazy nut job just for entertaining the idea that some well connected and powerful people may be involved in the abuse of kids ( a notion that can no longer be called wild or outrageous given the visible tip of the iceberg pertaining to Epstein Island and his book of very elite and influential island visitors).

Reactions: mrMet

FB_IMG_1590423194034.jpg

The bold proves my point. You took Buzzfeed and Vox at their word about the nature of pizzagate rather than being skeptical of their take on what it actually was all about.

Please do your absolute best to provide receipts of me saying the bold above. I didn't take anyone's "word". I saw the wikileaks emails myself, I saw the "mass shooting" of the pizza place in real time where there wasn't a single injury other than a computer, I saw Elephantis' own instagram posts and his own words and came to the conclusion that he was a very well connected world class creep and that it is plausible that something nefarious could potentially be going on. I never once said kids were being ordered from a pizza shop, and neither did almost anyone else. You have to radically exaggerate what I say to make me look like some crazy nut job just for entertaining the idea that some well connected and powerful people may be involved in the abuse of kids ( a notion that can no longer be called wild or outrageous given the visible tip of the iceberg pertaining to Epstein Island and his book of very elite and influential island visitors).

I looked at the wiki leaks you claimed were nefarious and I didn't see what you saw. You saw what you wanted and claimed it proved your point.

Often it doesn't seem like the believers have given much thought as to how many people would need to be efficiently coordinated for said plot to work.

You don't understand. They just kill off anyone that knows the truth.

But then the killers "know the truth" too. So they also have to kill off the killers. But then the killers of the killers know.... wait a minute.

Reactions: NashVol11
I looked at the wiki leaks you claimed were nefarious and I didn't see what you saw. You saw what you wanted and claimed it proved your point.

Ok. That's fine. So since you didn't see it the way I saw it, it automatically means I'm wrong and you're right? Who tf are you that I should care? Also, Find the receipts where I said it "proved" anything? All I've ever said is that there is enough there for it to be plausible in my mind that something was going on. Nothing has changed in the years following, by the way.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
And on the other hand, we had established media calling the virus lab leak story a conspiracy theory.

VN Store

Back