Things I'm happy about today

Over the course of several afternoons, me and my son have replaced upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, center link, pitman arm, strut rods and bushings, and are this far into the front disk brake conversion. Still need to do the calipers, pads, lines, master cylinder and then tighten everything up. Then....the rear brakes.
20240916_180539.png

Over the course of several afternoons, me and my son have replaced upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, center link, pitman arm, strut rods and bushings, and are this far into the front disk brake conversion. Still need to do the calipers, pads, lines, master cylinder and then tighten everything up. Then....the rear brakes.
View attachment 677506
Is this... Tow-Away Son who's helping you?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Is this... Tow-Away Son who's helping you?
Not even close. Tow away son lives in Georgia. When I bought a truck with the intention of it being his back when he was 14, he worked on it maybe 15 minutes then decided he didn't want a truck. So I drove it and he wound up with a beater Corolla when he got his license. When he went to live with his mom the car stayed with me. It is complicated. And the younger kids get to suffer because of the idiotic actions of the older kids.

View attachment 677506
Be sure to check the subframe where it connects to the body on both sides. This is one of the weaknesses of the early Mustangs. Floor pans and the trunk floor are the other two weak spots for rust in these cars. I love Mustangs!

Be sure to check the subframe where it connects to the body on both sides. This is one of the weaknesses of the early Mustangs. Floor pans and the trunk floor are the other two weak spots for rust in these cars. I love Mustangs!
The floors have already been cut out and new pans are laying in the car, not welded in yet. Frame rails are in fantastic shape.

So I tell wifey that in order to move the Mustang to the new shop, I am gonna have to take the wheels off my trailer and put on the car, then take them back off and put them back on the trailer. Old fronts were 4 lug, new disk conversion is 5 lug so old ones are not gonna do. She tells me "Why don't you just get new tires for the car instead of doing all of that?"

Sounds like permission to spend money to me. I love that woman.

So I tell wifey that in order to move the Mustang to the new shop, I am gonna have to take the wheels off my trailer and put on the car, then take them back off and put them back on the trailer. Old fronts were 4 lug, new disk conversion is 5 lug so old ones are not gonna do. She tells me "Why don't you just get new tires for the car instead of doing all of that?"

Sounds like permission to spend money to me. I love that woman.
Hail yeah!

VN Store

Back