Things I'm happy about today

—I’ll just add that when we made the one-way trip to the vet Monday morning, and saw how pet euthanasia goes nowadays, I wished out loud that this option would be available for me when the time came.

Unlike the old days, it was truly peaceful passing.

I'm gonna wait til mine gets bad before I do anything.

swollenkneess7w2914_1300087.jpg

I hope that I'm still vigorous when I'm 78. I hope that I'm still touring on bicycles, splitting wood with a sledge, wedges, and an axe, and tackling the landscaping and home repair chores that I'm doing, now. When I'm 78, I wnat to meet @Orangeslice13 to shoot skeet or hunt quail.

I hope that I'm still vigorous when I'm 78. I hope that I'm still touring on bicycles, splitting wood with a sledge, wedges, and an axe, and tackling the landscaping and home repair chores that I'm doing, now. When I'm 78, I wnat to meet @Orangeslice13 to shoot skeet or hunt quail.
Turkey
We must shoot and eat Turkey

Today is dad’s birthday, 78 years old. I took the day off so mom and I could take him out. We took him to the local watering hole, he had a great time, but was wore out by the time I took them home. I’ll take it. In August, I wouldn’t have thought he would last more than a week, but as always, God knows better. I was going to post a picture of him, so you all could see the difference between now and the picture before, but I didn’t want any bad juju. He’s still frail, but he’s doing a lot better. Thank you all.
Your dad and my dad share the same birthday!

As I said in the "Things I'm Mad about Today" thread, I had to have one of my dogs put down and the other dog was grieving beyond belief. So, Saturday after the football game I went to the local ASPCA shelter. I took Nitro with me. We get to the shelter and I tell them I am thinking about another dog. They said I would have to bring Nitro to do a meet and greet. I was ahead of them. He was in the truck. We go to the back where all the kennels are lined up. There weren't any other dogs out so I dropped the tailgate on the truck and let Nitro out.
He strolls down the row of kennels until he gets to this black and white dog. He stops and just turns his head as if to say WOW! It is a six-month-old lab mix mutt. He walks over to the door on the kennel. The pup just sits down and pokes her nose through the fence. Nitro smells of her and licks her nose. Now they are both jumping up and down. The tech lets the pup out of the kennel and they take off running to my truck. Nitro jumps up in the truck but the pup is too small to make the leap. Nitro jumps back out of the truck. I pick up the pup and put her in the truck. Nitro is back in the truck. The tech says we can't do that until I have paid. She reaches to take the pup out of the truck. Nitro steps between them and growls at the tech.
I told her, she might want to just look the other way until I can pay for the pup. She just laughs and says well I don't think we have to worry about you bringing her back because it didn't work out. All is well at my house for now.

VN Store

Back