TikTok is too influential

Don’t forget about the seashell choker necklace as a necessary accessory.

Pookah beads!

Let's see...

Fauxhawks, marred (not ripped... still had to show the cotton fabric) jeans, skater shoes, girl jeans on guys (they didn't really make mens skinny jeans yet), PacSun, scene kids, studded belts, swoop bowl cuts.

Man, looking back I felt weird thinking all that looked dumb as ****... turns out I was just ahead of my time. My buddies would give me **** for dressing like their dads.

Except I did have dreadlocks in high school. I looked like a Montessori school teacher.

Reactions: VOLS INC. and hog88
Pookah beads!

Let's see...

Fauxhawks, marred (not ripped... still had to show the cotton fabric) jeans, skater shoes, girl jeans on guys (they didn't really make mens skinny jeans yet), PacSun, scene kids, studded belts, swoop bowl cuts.

Man, looking back I felt weird thinking all that looked dumb as ****... turns out I was just ahead of my time. My buddies would give me **** for dressing like their dads.

Except I did have dreadlocks in high school. I looked like a Montessori school teacher.

Somewhat similar situation. Throughout elementary school I got roasted for always wearing Reebok classics. We were pretty poor and Shoe Carnival would sell those bad boys relatively cheap. Typically got a pair for my birthday. Usually rocked the black ones. Those were Dad shoes though! Nike is where it was at because of Jordan. You had to have Nikes bro.

Fast forward to Freshman year of HS. Several rappers, including Lil Wayne, started wearing Reebok Classics in their videos. All the little pretend gangsters I went to school with bought in. Reebok Classics were everywhere in my school. I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t.

Those are the same guys that drank the wine coolers and Zima.

My beer of choice in high school was Bush. Not because I liked it, but because I would have felt great shame and would've been mocked mercilessly by my peers if I had indulged in the Bartles and Jaymes that I actually loved. Lol.

Reactions: Vol737
Somewhat similar situation. Throughout elementary school I got roasted for always wearing Reebok classics. We were pretty poor and Shoe Carnival would sell those bad boys relatively cheap. Typically got a pair for my birthday. Usually rocked the black ones. Those were Dad shoes though! Nike is where it was at because of Jordan. You had to have Nikes bro.

Fast forward to Freshman year of HS. Several rappers, including Lil Wayne, started wearing Reebok Classics in their videos. All the little pretend gangsters I went to school with bought in. Reebok Classics were everywhere in my school. I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t.
Hey, rewind to the early 70's. We called them Cons back then, but now days they call them Chuck Taylors.

Reactions: Vol737
Those are the same guys that drank the wine coolers and Zima.

As part of that popped collar crowd from the 90s I can attest we did have a lot of Zimba but in our defense it was what the girls would drink too and we just wanted laid.

You could also mix tequila and zima together and the ladies loved it.

As part of that popped collar crowd from the 90s I can attest we did have a lot of Zimba but in our defense it was what the girls would drink too and we just wanted laid.

You could also mix tequila and zima together and the ladies loved it.

I was at the tail end of my carousing days when Zima came out.

Reactions: NEO

Got very little sympathy for the "victims." With all the warnings about TikTok's association with the Chinese military, nit wits still sign up for and use it. Thus making them victims by choice. Hard to blame China for taking advantage of the willfully stupid.

Same for Champion, it was the low end athletic brand in the 80’s. Now it’s a popular brand with the retro label

I’m on the side that TikTok although gathering information is now the villain because of the market share it’s captured of the youth and loss of ad dollars to Meta and Google. Both of those platforms have gather information for years but now with 150M users in the US it’s cutting into other social platforms.

Just coincidence that TikTok CEO was an intern at Facebook in 2010. Mark getting mad for doing what he did.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back