Tim Banks to MTSU?

He's improved our defense dramatically in 3 years. What more do you want?
Dramatically? Let’s not cherry pick some random stat where we have the best defense in the nation on second and 3… when its 72 degrees outside with a slight breeze. Small improvement year over year maybe… but even that is being generous.

He's had 3 years...How much more time do you want???
SMH. Some of you don’t deserve a winning program. You think just replacing DCs year after year will improve things overnight. Defense has improved, recruiting has improved. It was never going to be a quick fix, there was a mass void of talent here when Banks got here.

Do I think there has been mistakes on the defensive side of the ball? Sure. I also think we’re restricted in what we can run and with a few injuries even more restricted in what we can execute effectively.

Heupel’s criteria for success and yours are completely on a different planet as far as evaluations. He wants continuous improvement on the defensive side of the ball, successful recruiting, and development of talent on that side of the ball. That’s happening, it’s not happening fast enough to make anyone happy but it’s happening. Players are being recruited, developed, and drafted. As long as all the above is happening the mindset is continuity as far as the staff will help in development and recruiting. If we’re regressing at a position and there’s no reason for it like say a slew of injuries or depth issues then maybe it’s time to evaluate the staff. Fwiw banks pisses me off from time to time as well but scheme you can implement is dictated by the talent you have in place. Our defensive backfield has been and will continue to be an issue until we get numbers and talent there.

SMH. Some of you don’t deserve a winning program. You think just replacing DCs year after year will improve things overnight. Defense has improved, recruiting has improved. It was never going to be a quick fix, there was a mass void of talent here when Banks got here.

Do I think there has been mistakes on the defensive side of the ball? Sure. I also think we’re restricted in what we can run and with a few injuries even more restricted in what we can execute effectively.

Heupel’s criteria for success and yours are completely on a different planet as far as evaluations. He wants continuous improvement on the defensive side of the ball, successful recruiting, and development of talent on that side of the ball. That’s happening, it’s not happening fast enough to make anyone happy but it’s happening. Players are being recruited, developed, and drafted. As long as all the above is happening the mindset is continuity as far as the staff will help in development and recruiting. If we’re regressing at a position and there’s no reason for it like say a slew of injuries or depth issues then maybe it’s time to evaluate the staff. Fwiw banks pisses me off from time to time as well but scheme you can implement is dictated by the talent you have in place. Our defensive backfield has been and will continue to be an issue until we get numbers and talent there.
Agree with this. We simply have not had the guys to go with man coverage all the time in the secondary. We just don't have the dudes. I have been displeased sometimes with Banks adjustments, or lack there of, but improvements have been made, and will continue to be made. We were a dumpster fire when Heup took this job, and people would do well to remember that.

Agree with this. We simply have not had the guys to go with man coverage all the time in the secondary. We just don't have the dudes. I have been displeased sometimes with Banks adjustments, or lack there of, but improvements have been made, and will continue to be made. We were a dumpster fire when Heup took this job, and people would do well to remember that.
Letting a D2 white boy shred us for record breaking numbers is improvement?
He shredded everyone else too....just saying.

Reactions: johntvol
He's had 3 years...How much more time do you want???
You can get base talent in 3 years and Banks has done a great job getting good talent in the front 7. Secondary is still a work in progress. The kicker is that it takes more than three years to build out talent IN DEPTH. This is what killed us last half of the season as the injuries piled up.

I mean again I want to rip my hair out at times on third and long when we let the team convert but when you look at the talent we have at DB and LB especially if you have a few key injuries.

You can get base talent in 3 years and Banks has done a great job getting good talent in the front 7. Secondary is still a work in progress. The kicker is that it takes more than three years to build out talent IN DEPTH. This is what killed us last half of the season as the injuries piled up.
Garner got the front 7

Excuses are for the incompetent.

VN Store

Back