Tim Banks to MTSU?

I’m fine with Banks staying at least another year if Martinez is replaced.

The defensive “improvements“ everyone is raving about this year are based on such powerhouses as UVA, APSU & UCONN. We did little against any team that had a pulse.

Just looking at the scores alone, it’s obvious where the ”improvements“ came from.
Based on that screenshot alone, we did improve from 49 to 34 vs Bama, 33 to 29 vs UF, 63 to 20 vs Scar, LSU vs AM was a wash. So we did in fact improve vs SEC/P5 opponents.

Based on that screenshot alone, we did improve from 49 to 34 vs Bama, 33 to 29 vs UF, 63 to 20 vs Scar, LSU vs AM was a wash. So we did in fact improve vs SEC/P5 opponents.
Bama and Florida both lost first round draft picks at Florida. South Carolina was the only real improvement and 2022 south Carolina is more of a strike than 2023 south Carolina being an improvement. 2022 LSU offense was better than 2023 Texas a&m so I wouldn't say that's a wash.

Bama and Florida both lost first round draft picks at Florida. South Carolina was the only real improvement and 2022 south Carolina is more of a strike than 2023 south Carolina being an improvement. 2022 LSU offense was better than 2023 Texas a&m so I wouldn't say that's a wash.
It’s a wash in that we held the rotating west teams to the same point totals.

I suspect Butch blew his whole budget on Shoop, which should have made a huge difference. PSU tried hard to keep him, but the money spoke.
I would be ok with him coming back, honestly.
Great defensive coach. Good person. Respected. and we have a far more capable roster and Head Coach.
The biggest problem I had with Shoop was that he wouldn’t get our best linebacker on the field. Daniel Bituli was a playmaker at LB and Shoop just had some weird axe to grind with him. We need coaches that will always play the best players.

Show the team that has done it. Show the team, in the portal era, that had the same situation as we did and then 2 years later has a roster loaded with high 4 and 5*’players.
Yep, the recruiting scandal causing the exodus of players hurt us more on the defensive side. I'm thinking 4 years of recruiting should put us back to a good level as far as having the players. Then a while longer to get them some experience. I'd like to see us get 4 good LBers in the next 2 classes.

I'm all for Banks leaving if we could get Adam fuller from FSU............they had an awesome defense this year. With the ACC getting hosed by the playoff committee he might be ready to move up.

Given all this playoff crap. I need us to fire someone so I’ll have something different to read. (Kinda kidding)

Not yet. Maybe not at all.

MTSU supposed to announce their new hire sometime this coming week. Next five days. We'll all know then.

You’re cherry picking. The defense improved, even with drunk toddlers at LB and DB.

Nightmare scenario.... Banks takes HC job at MTSU. Martinez stays and accepts the DC job. Because Heupel likes to promote within.
…3 years later, we open up our head coaching job search, and that’s probably being generous on the 3 years. There’s a reason why this guy hasn’t been a DC since 2009. Some of those 2008 and 2009 UGA losses were bad in terms of how many points they gave up. If you can’t put it together at UGA, you sure as h@@@ aren’t putting it together here.

I think Willie is a good man by all accounts, but the dude is a below average SEC football coach. This will be Heupel’s opportunity to “upgrade” and hire an elite recruiting staff at LB and DB. Question is, will Heupel hire his “Mike DeBord” or mix it up and hire a “Mike Norvell”…we all know what Bucthy Boy decided

VN Store

Back