Time to go on record... Pre-Season Predictions

Believe me, I want to say 13-1, 12-2 or something of that nature but I just dont see it happening

I want to be optimistic, and I hope I'm wrong. . . .just too many queston marks. With no linemen on the first- or second-teams in the SEC preseason, and an inexperienced receiving corps:

11-3, losses to UF and either SC or Arkansas. Left out of the SECCG (again). Disappointing loss in the bowl game against an inferior team (again).

Again, hope I'm wrong!

7-5 Regular season with losses @ UF, UGA, @ Bama, SC and Arkansas

Finish with a win in the Music City Bowl

I really really doubt we lose to both SC and Arkansas, nor do I see us losing to Georgia because we'll tear their defense apart again. I think UF is 50/50 and I think we will lose 2 out of 5 of SC, Georgia, Kentucky, Arky, Bama.

13-1 Lose Nat'l Championship. That's probably a couple games too hopeful, but I'm going on what's possible, rather than probable.

I'll say 12-2, SEC Champs, plus a BCS bowl win.

I can't really look at our schedule and say that we will lose this game or that game. Tennessee has a great chance to beat everyone on its schedule this year.

Cal is not as talented as Tennessee, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Last year there was a huge speed gap with Cals defense being alot slower than the Vols. Cal has not suddenly gotten faster overnight, so I expect a similar result, perhaps a little closer than last year.

We should beat Southern Miss in a close one since we tend to play down to our opponents level when the competition is not as good.

Florida is gutted on defense. I just don't think that they will have the horses this early in the year to slow down the Vols ground game. Tennessee jumps out on top early and grinds the clock out on the ground hitting a few big pass plays along the way.

AK St,and LA LAF are gimmies.

Georgia will be in big trouble this year if their lines, LB's, WR's, and secondary doesn't jell in a hurry. I think they really struggle this year and Tennessee gives them a good whipping. For the recordIwould like to say that I see Georgia improving over the next two years then really declining if they don't really recruit some star power at the skill positions. Same for Auburn. I think they crash and burn over the next few years.

Miss St. should be an easy win.

USC will be beaten by us in a close game.

Bama I think is a close game, a real close game.

I think that we give Arky some payback this year.

Vandy will get crushed.

I don't see why everyone is affraid of Kentucky. They have some offensive weapons, but their defense is terrible.

9-4 Regular Season. Fulmer retires one day after loss in bowl game.

Yep. With the question marks at DL, 9-4 (with regular season losses to Florida, Georgia, and SC) is the best I can expect.

If we beat Florida, then all bets are off.

California W 80%
Southern Miss W 85%
at Florida L 35%
Arkansas State W 100%
Georgia L 45%
Mississippi State W 95%
at Alabama W 65%
South Carolina L 45%
Louisiana-Lafayette (HC) W 100%
Arkansas W 50%
Vanderbilt W 100%
at Kentucky W 90%

Predictions with the percentage that I give UT to win the particular matchup.

Translation for computer lingo illiterate?

It means "I disagree wholeheartedly, thus to make myself feel better, I'll laugh and laugh, when in reality, I could have easily just told you why I disagree." :)

At worst, UT is 55% to win over UGA and USCe.

ROFL over 10%?

I say 55%, at the least. I would agree with 60 or 65%. 45% against two teams we beat on the road last year, who have just as many question marks as we do, should not be considered the favorites in your mind. I do know that you typically have a more pessimistic view (not saying you aren't realistic).

For accuracy, my entry should be changed to 10-3. . . with the same losses, but no trip to the SECCG. Not sure where I came up with 14 games without the championship.

I say 55%, at the least. I would agree with 60 or 65%. 45% against two teams we beat on the road last year, who have just as many question marks as we do, should not be considered the favorites in your mind. I do know that you typically have a more pessimistic view (not saying you aren't realistic).

Your point is even more valid given how we completely dismantled both Georgia and South Carolina the last time we met them in Neyland.

when is the last time UT had a bad season with a SR QB? look at recent history:

1991 Andy Kelly, 9-3, 3rd SEC
1993 Heath Shuler, 10-2, Tie-1st SEC East
1997 Peyton Manning, 11-2, 1st SEC East
1999 Tee Martin, 9-3, 2nd SEC East
2003 Casey Clausen, 10-3, Tie-First SEC East
2007 Erik Ainge, ?

No worse then 10-3 this year.

VN Store

Back