'24 TN DL Carson Gentle (Tennessee)

Carson had about 4 total minutes of mat time at the state tournament. Pinned through the tournament pretty quickly. Cooper (10th grade) got 2nd at 215.
Earlier post said he won the finals 5-0 - wouldn’t that 6 minutes count?

Did he not win OW blowing through the comp that quickly?
No, Father Ryan's 132 got MOW. He's now a 3x state champion as a junior, majored last year's 126lb champion in the finals. He tore his LCL in prep nationals last year and wasn't cleared to return until December 23. The year before he tore his ACL in the other knee during football and returned for the region tournament, won it, then won his second title the next week. That dude is a dude.

Reactions: walkenvol
No, Father Ryan's 132 got MOW. He's now a 3x state champion as a junior, majored last year's 126lb champion in the finals. He tore his LCL in prep nationals last year and wasn't cleared to return until December 23. The year before he tore his ACL in the other knee during football and returned for the region tournament, won it, then won his second title the next week. That dude is a dude.
Sounds like you are connected in the wrestling world. Were you at the tournament in Nolensville this weekend?

Sounds like you are connected in the wrestling world. Were you at the tournament in Nolensville this weekend?
I have a lot of connections still, but I've been outside of TN since 2018. Father and uncle are still coaching, lots of friends are coaching now across the state and/or their kids are competing.

Geez!
Is this guy going to be a national champion at wrestling too??
FloWrestling rankings did not even have him listed in honorable mention in their prep rankings.
This should get him some national attention though. Rankings seem to be very PA and NJ focused, but there are a couple kids from Signal Mtn listed. I figured they are Baylor wrestlers.

FloWrestling rankings did not even have him listed in honorable mention in their prep rankings.
This should get him some national attention though. Rankings seem to be very PA and NJ focused, but there are a couple kids from Signal Mtn listed. I figured they are Baylor wrestlers.
They are signal mtn wreslters. Both are in the finals today

And that's understandable about PA and NJ.
IIRC, Those two states along with Minnesota are blue bloods of HS wrestling.

But Carson Gentle is an animal. I wouldn't bet against him vs anyone.

I'd like to see him vs the best before he comes to UT.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Just wait until OG OT try and block him. Leverage Strength Hands Good hips and relentless attitude. Fun to watch his TN career. In CHRIST Alone

To get in those national rankings you have to do some of these national tournaments and be fully dedicated to the sport. Very few people at that level continue to play other sports, just not enough time.

A few guys did it this year and are beginning their college career with football and wrestling: one guy at Iowa, one at VT, amd I forget the other. Very special athletes. Carson is elite, but not quite at that level. Still very special. Interesting that he’s continuing to do a national event considering he won’t be wrestling in college (UT doesn’t have a team).

Another example was Micah Parsons. Was one of the best wrestlers in his class, but had to drop wrestling when he got to college. Said he got too big. Still attends lots of PSU wrestling events.

Ohio is top 5. Arguably top 3. Basically anywhere there are a lot of corn fields plus NJ and CA.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back