'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

Tennessee football commit Edwin Spillman is now an offensive threat for Lipscomb Academy. The four-star linebacker scored his first touchdown of the season in his second game of playing offense this season. Spillman, who was lined up in the backfield, caught a short pass from Tav Shaffer and weaved through the defense into the end zone for a 26-yard TD reception.

...Spillman entered the game with 50 tackles for the season.

Watch 4-star LB Tennessee commit Edwin Spillman score first offensive TD of his career

Maybe our most important recruit for 2024.
After our LB play and injuries.

We need a thumper that can run like this kid. Like Carter. We need a portal guy too.

We have Telander and Carter as viable options at LB for 2024. Maybe move McDonald to ILB

We need a thumper that can run like this kid. Like Carter. We need a portal guy too.

We have Telander and Carter as viable options at LB for 2024. Maybe move McDonald to ILB
I think Pili will get a medical.

Do you view Smith as a bust?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I was high on him coming out of HS.
But even after the injuries at LB they still played a walk-on LB before him.
Maybe Heupel feels like it wouldn't have made much difference, so he just wanted to save his redshirt for future seasons?. IDK.

But right now, all I know is that Telander and Carter look like they belong.
Not a fan of the 2022 LBs. either of them.

Pili has been injured for 3 years in college now. We just don't know what to expect from him.

Spillman is a much needed addition. Hopefully Smith can make some huge gains this off-season.
And hopefully we can pull the Razorback LB.

Smith wasn't able to come in and put on the kind of weight that Carter and Telander did. I expect Smith to be an important back up and special teams ace in 2024, if he sticks around. He should be physically ready by next fall. We are building a very nice, young LB core with the '23 and '24 classes. We also have a good shot at some real studs in the '25 and '26 classes.

Boom-shake-the-room GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Reactions: Glitch

VN Store

Back