'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Really was not expecting this one! Excellent BOOM!

7O4Z6a8.jpg

Reactions: illumiVOLi
That's what I was thinking back when I first saw his height and weight. He's the perfect size for a NT/DL. Or a center/guard as well. Either way, welcome to Big Orange Country, young man.
I say a big man is a big man and he will be in the trenches. Doesn’t matter which side to me. We got coaches now that’s gonna get him where he needs to be. Can’t get too many big men.

BOOM!!!! I love this pick up. Remember reading about his camp performance. Said that he enjoyed throwing out best Dlinemen we had there to the ground. That impressed me, been hoping he would rep his state. GBO. Man in a year or two our line is going to be the most imposing line out there. Hell, Wisconsin gonna be jealous. Now get that DL from memphis William's, and we will be good. No need to worry about Norton or logue.

Are they thinking that Antonutti may have trouble returning from his injury? That would explain taking 5 instead of 4, possibly. Either way, McBride has lots of upside

i've seen/heard/read nothing to indicate Tanner won't be coming back. I think the plan right now is to take it slow, rehab, get healthy, redshirt, come back next year strong and ready to contribute. Likely 2 years until he's a factor.

Either way, we are building a great amount of depth on the line and it's going to pay dividends down the road...

VN Store

Back