'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Not guess at all, really. Everything I've seen says McBride is gonna play guard and Wright is gonna play tackle. Basing that on everything that 247, VQ, RTI, etc. have said. Not my own personal take on it. If they're wrong, then it is what it is. But that's what I've heard from everyone who covers UT recruiting.
Not talking about what position they will play. That is an easy deduction. But you have no idea about spots and how different recruits commitments effect other recruits.

Not saying Pruitt is big or anything, but the kid's size is legit.View attachment 171052

That frame tho....

He hasn't even finished growing and filling out his body. Get him into our S&C program and you're going to have an absolute beast and mauler on the inside. That's exactly what we need on the OL. Someone who can effectively get to the next level and neutralize defenders, but also get nasty during pass pro and pick up blitzing and stunting defenders.

Reactions: T Dog
That frame tho....

He hasn't even finished growing and filling out his body. Get him into our S&C program and you're going to have an absolute beast and mauler on the inside. That's exactly what we need on the OL. Someone who can effectively get to the next level and neutralize defenders, but also get nasty during pass pro and pick up blitzing and stunting defenders.
315lbs in skinny clothes. Dude gonna be a Rhino on the inside destroying people off the line. What we need.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It definitely helps. I'd rather have a mean S.O.B. lacking in technique than a technically sound candy ass all day long.
This is generally true. You can teach technique, but you either play with a mean streak or you don’t. That is an intangible quality.

It definitely helps. I'd rather have a mean S.O.B. lacking in technique than a technically sound candy ass all day long.

Look..I agree it is a big ingredient in OL success, but it still don't mean crap if you miss your assignment half the damn time.

That frame tho....

Honestly his frame looks narrow.

If he’s already over 300 pounds though I don’t think it matters much. Just keep adding strength.

This team lacks both. Their technique of how to block, or whatever you call it when you are just clueless on who to block..sucks worse than their attitude. And yes it seems like they lack ferocity too, and that is very bad.
Agree. Ferocity was up for the uga game but we need some doggone tackling technique.

Is candy ass a technical term?

the-people-s-eyebrow-o.gif

VN Store

Back