'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Speaking of his high school, McBride isn’t going up against scrubs on the practice field either. Saulsberry stated that Whitehaven currently has “10 to 12 guys” with FBS offers, and that includes players like four-star athlete Keveon Mullins, three-star tight end Cormontae Hamilton, and three-star athlete Devin Boddie in the 2019 class. Whitehaven also has four-star linebacker Bryson Eason, four-star linebacker Martavius French, three-star offensive tackle Ray Curry Jr., and three-star safety Tamarion McDonald as juniors this year.

Saulsberry says Whitehaven operates with an “iron sharpens iron” mentality in practice. And it’s because of that and McBride’s drive to better himself that he saw this kind of attention coming McBride’s way. “You could just see it coming,” Saulsberry said of the increased interest in McBride this past year. “He just has such a passion for learning. A man that size running the way he ran, the power he displays on the field, you just see it coming. I just told him to be patient and when you get the opportunity to go to camps and to show yourself, just go all out and give it all you have. And he did just that.”

Vol Commit Melvin McBride’s Upside is “Through the Roof”

Whitehaven is definitely the most consistent talent producer in Memphis, even more than the big private schools like MUS, they did get one thing wrong though, Ray Curry is at White Station.

Whitehaven is definitely the most consistent talent producer in Memphis, even more than the big private schools like MUS, they did get one thing wrong though, Ray Curry is at White Station.
What happened to Melrose? They used to have tons of players. Over 10 played in the NFL I think.

I’ve lived here for 10 years. Ain’t been shot one damn time!

Lived there for much of my life. Did need my gun one time when 2 guys tried to rob me in my driveway late at night as I was getting out of my car. It didn't go well for them. They were carrying those steering wheel locking clubs. I had a .40. They surrendered and meekly waited for the cops.

Lived there for much of my life. Did need my gun one time when 2 guys tried to rob me in my driveway late at night as I was getting out of my car. It didn't go well for them. They were carrying those steering wheel locking clubs. I had a .40. They surrendered and meekly waited for the cops.

Must have been brave guys to try and rob a guy named Crazy Ivan. :)

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back