'25 TN OL Nic Moore (Tennessee commit)

It's not every parent that is gullible in these matters, but the numbers aren't miniscule by any means. I don't even know if gullible is the right word. Too many are under the assumption that all these coaches have the kid's best interest at heart. Not understanding that every part of this business can be as cut throat as it gets.
Agreed, also every situation, every parent, every family is different. You have some level headed parents, you have some parents that care but don’t understand the business, you have some whose parents aren’t in the picture and handlers/coaches/whomever take over. Then you have the worst group imo, parents who see their kid as a lottery ticket and are looking for the highest bidder, without thinking about or caring about any long term implications.

Reactions: bigl3327
He will be a Vol if he agrees to play Oline; if he’s dead set on Dline, I doubt he’s part of this class.
Prolly likes the idea more than the reality of his skillset. When it looked definite WV, I understood because of their recent history with centers and going to the NFL. If he and/or his family perceive that’s lip service, honesty may prevail imo.

Is there a chance we might try this guy at DT just to see, that is sorta a need for this class and House looks to be the only realistic option at the moment? obviously if he doesn’t workout switch him to OL like we did Heard

I get the fact Garner is very selective for that position, but seems like we always have to get a DT from the transfer portal every year. Not that it’s a bad thing…

Is there a chance we might try this guy at DT just to see, that is sorta a need for this class and House looks to be the only realistic option at the moment? obviously if he doesn’t workout switch him to OL like we did Heard

I get the fact Garner is very selective for that position, but seems like we always have to get a DT from the transfer portal every year. Not that it’s a bad thing
He would probably have to fail at OL to even be considered moving to DL. Him wanting to play DL might be what's kept him from getting more attention on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

I get the fact Garner is very selective for that position, but seems like we always have to get a DT from the transfer portal every year. Not that it’s a bad thing…
I don’t particularly like making promises that aren’t in the best interest of the player. If CRG thinks he isn’t a fit at Dline then probably he isn’t a fit. We’ve evaluated him as a good fit for Oline. I think you approach it honestly as best you can and that pays dividends if not now then later when kids hit the portal.

Unless the parents have went through the recruiting process before I doubt they would be able to help with this stuff. It’s potentially a decision worth millions of dollars. I don’t blame kids for being somewhat jumpy when they feel like doors are starting to close on them
His father knows what’s up…he’s a great coach and a helluva man. My daughter is going through the recruiting process. At one point she had heard from D1 soccer programs like Martin, UTC, AP, GA Southern and especially App State. She racked up accolades, including all state…and lead the state in Saves with 192 on an 87% clip…unheard of numbers. We haven’t heard from any of those schools since January. Turns out her height (5’6) makes her “unrecruitable” at that level. We’re now looking at LMU, Concord, Catawba, and Lees McRae. She’s been devastated…doubts herself. It’s been one of the hardest things to watch. I promise it’s just as hard on the parents.

His father knows what’s up…he’s a great coach and a helluva man. My daughter is going through the recruiting process. At one point she had heard from D1 soccer programs like Martin, UTC, AP, GA Southern and especially App State. She racked up accolades, including all state…and lead the state in Saves with 192 on an 87% clip…unheard of numbers. We haven’t heard from any of those schools since January. Turns out her height (5’6) makes her “unrecruitable” at that level. We’re now looking at LMU, Concord, Catawba, and Lees McRae. She’s been devastated…doubts herself. It’s been one of the hardest things to watch. I promise it’s just as hard on the parents.
Went to med school up at LMU, beautiful area, nice community, recommend grocery shopping just across the line in middlesboro ky (no grocery tax there), but live on the tn side of the line (due to the property taxes in ky and va)

Be positive with her about any school she's looking at. Over the years we had a number of football players in the same position, and once they got to a Valdosta State instead of UGA or maybe an NAIA school they figured out that they were getting more playing time and enjoying the SPORT in a smaller environment. The fact that she has the ability to play at ANY level beyond HS puts her among the cream of the crop. Hang in there.

Be positive with her about any school she's looking at. Over the years we had a number of football players in the same position, and once they got to a Valdosta State instead of UGA or maybe an NAIA school they figured out that they were getting more playing time and enjoying the SPORT in a smaller environment. The fact that she has the ability to play at ANY level beyond HS puts her among the cream of the crop. Hang in there.
Thank you so much for the advice. Someone said it earlier, but there are times I’ve gotten more wrapped up in it than she is. It’s kind of ironic…she’s plays the only position in the sport where size is a determining factor. Go figure.

VN Store

Back