'25 TN OL Nic Moore (Tennessee commit)

Its not misleading if he gives him a shot as I said.

If it doesn’t work out, maybe he likes Tennessee too much by then to leave and see the error of his ways in thinking that he was a DT.

Maybe not.
Sounds like tying up a scholarship for a year for no reason.

Yeah, that methodology doesn't work anymore without the threat of transfer rules. Gotta be honest with kids these days.
I’m reaching way way back with this one but here goes. I think it was Coach Major’s 3 or 4.class so 79-80 I signed 7👀 quarterbacks.
If I remember correctly only one actually played QB.

Sounds like tying up a scholarship for a year for no reason.
Or it’s a coach giving a kid a shot at his dream position.

He obviously feels like he can play DT.
Who’s to say he can’t?

And how do you know he would leave just because he switches positions.

You don’t know…

Reactions: walkenvol
Or it’s a coach giving a kid a shot at his dream position.

He obviously feels like he can play DT.
Who’s to say he can’t?

And how do you know he would leave just because he switches positions.

You don’t know…

Who’s to say he can’t? The coaching staff.

Reactions: Exiled
I’m reaching way way back with this one but here goes. I think it was Coach Major’s 3 or 4.class so 79-80 I signed 7👀 quarterbacks.
If I remember correctly only one actually played QB.

Without looking, I remember we signed Randall Morris and Bobby King who both changed positions. Was Jeff Olslewski (sic) also in that same class? Can’t remember the others, Morris was a hoot and King was a great athlete that never really found a home. Alatorre may have been in that class too, but I know he was a JUCO.

Now, ask me about all the star RBs Majors signed in his first full class - those guys I remember.

Glenn Ford
Dennis Mahan
James Berry
Terry Daniels

Without looking, I remember we signed Randall Morris and Bobby King who both changed positions. Was Jeff Olslewski (sic) also in that same class? Can’t remember the others, Morris was a hoot and King was a great athlete that never really found a home. Alatorre may have been in that class too, but I know he was a JUCO.

Now, ask me about all the star RBs Majors signed in his first full class - those guys I remember.

Glenn Ford
Dennis Mahan
James Berry
Terry Daniels
I remember reading that Majors felt most teams put their best athlete at QB so moving them wasn’t a big deal.
I want to say Charles Davis was a QB in high school and that move turned out alright😊

I'm not into misleading recruits and wasting a scholarship on a guy who our coaching staff doesn't believe he can play DL. If he wants to play DL and we end up moving him to OL. He'll jump in the portal.

How is Moore any different from Trevor Duncan? IIRC, Duncan was advised he projected better by the staff as O line verses the D line. Duncan said he preferred D line. Staff said come in, red shirt, and compete - you might find you will see the field quicker on the O line or you might settle in and stay on the D line. Duncan is now listed as O line and hasn’t hit the portal. Why would that not work for Moore also?

big-shaq-boom.gif

VN Store

Back