'25 TN OL Nic Moore (Tennessee commit)

Surely this young man has some parents to help him vet the BS in recruiting from the truth.
Unless the parents have went through the recruiting process before I doubt they would be able to help with this stuff. It’s potentially a decision worth millions of dollars. I don’t blame kids for being somewhat jumpy when they feel like doors are starting to close on them

If they really gave him the ultimatum, then that would mean that they are out since he didn't pull the trigger.

Reactions: BbwVol
You’re acting like recruit’s parents know the process just bc they’re older. Most of the time this is the one and only time someone in a family is going through a recruiting process
Agreed- for the most part.

However, what a lot of parents are aware of is the art of sales.

That’s mostly what recruiting is. On that viewpoint they should be able to help navigate their child.

You’re acting like recruit’s parents know the process just bc they’re older. Most of the time this is the one and only time someone in a family is going through a recruiting process
My opinion is most parents have life experiences dealing with pushy sales people and are less likely to get caught up in some coach’s BS sales pitch. The parents probably are thinking through all the angles more so than the typical high school student. I don’t have to have helped an Ethiopian Prince move his $millions to the US to be suspicious of a scam. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
My opinion is most parents have life experiences dealing with pushy sales people and are less likely to get caught up in some coach’s BS sales pitch. The parents probably are thinking through all the angles more so than the typical high school student. I don’t have to have helped an Ethiopian Prince move his $millions to the US to be suspicious of a scam. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

You’re assuming these coaches aren’t excellent salespeople. I’m betting they are and it’s helped them get to the top of P5 programs.

Correct. It's just a bonus for you that you've added that experience to your resume.

I’ve been on both sides of the desk during sales calls as customer and in sales.

I have watched experienced customers buy the 8-9 figures snake oil.

It happens no matter how much you have learned in life there is always a very smart snake in the Garden of Eden waiting for you.

Agreed- for the most part.

However, what a lot of parents are aware of is the art of sales.

That’s mostly what recruiting is. On that viewpoint they should be able to help navigate their child.
I've been through football recruitment myself, as well as with 2 of my younger brothers and my oldest son. My father had also gone through it back in the early 70's and helped guide us. What I will tell you from those experiences is that many parents that haven't gone through the process get more wide eyed than the kids. Single moms...dad's that are living vicariously through their kids...I think you get the picture. And that was before NIL was a factor. The best used car salesmen can't hold a candle to the best recruiters. At least most adults have driven a car. This process is brand new to most people and there is nothing else like it.

Last edited:
I've been through football recruitment myself, as well as with 2 of my younger brothers and my oldest son. My father had also gone through it back in the early 70's and helped guide us. What I will tell you from those experiences is that many parents that haven't gone the the process get more wide eyed than the kids. Single moms...dad's that are living vicariously through their kids...I think you get the picture. And that was before NIL was a factor. The best used car salesmen can't hold a candle to the best recruiters. At least most adults have driven a car. This process is brand new to most people and there is nothing else like it.
When I was recruited my pops didn’t have a bunch of questions, but he did tell me which coach seemed genuine.

He was just happy that I had the he opportunity.
But his thoughts did play a factor in who I eventually chose

When I was recruited my pops didn’t have a bunch of questions, but he did tell me which coach seemed genuine.

He was just happy that I had the he opportunity.
But his thoughts did play a factor in who I eventually chose
It's not every parent that is gullible in these matters, but the numbers aren't miniscule by any means. I don't even know if gullible is the right word. Too many are under the assumption that all these coaches have the kid's best interest at heart. Not understanding that every part of this business can be as cut throat as it gets.

Meh. We'll likely find someone better. And that's saying lot cause I think this guy will be a good player
We were late to offer.

It’s not like we made this guy a huge priority.
You say the same dumb stuff every single time someone doesn't pick us LOL. "Oh we didn't make him a priority and he sucks anyways." Do you ever get tired of your goofy schtick? Don't say a single boom when we land this kid 🙄🙄

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Jefferson County offensive lineman Nic Moore was set to commit on Wednesday night but after talking to several people, he backed off a decision that wasn’t going to be Tennessee. He has bumped up his visit to this weekend and will start working towards making a decision after his visit.
West Virginia has been telling him he can play defensive line which has his attention. Would they move him after he arrived? Deep down, the hesitation could be related to some of that. Picking Tennessee obviously makes a ton of sense for his family with Morgantown being a seven hour trip for home games and away games in the Big 12 being long plane rides.
-VQ

You say the same dumb stuff every single time someone doesn't pick us LOL. "Oh we didn't make him a priority and he sucks anyways." Do you ever get tired of your goofy schtick? Don't say a single boom when we land this kid 🙄🙄

Quit crying or put me on ignore.

You’re not the internet police.

I don't think you meant to quote me since I think this guy is a good player. I would still gladly take him. I was just expressing my confidence in the staff to find someone better if we didn't land him

VN Store

Back