'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

Personally think Brandon and Nico are at a different level than GMac. GMac is at a higher level than Merklinger. Nico and Brandon are Top 5 players in the country. That's a huge disparity from a borderline 5* who has dropped some. I'm not hating on Mac but he's not in the same level IMO.
I’m not sure Mac is on a different level than Merk. I think they’re at about the same level…which isn’t a knock. I like Merk a lot. But yes, Nico and Brandon are a notch above.

Personally think Brandon and Nico are at a different level than GMac. GMac is at a higher level than Merklinger. Nico and Brandon are Top 5 players in the country. That's a huge disparity from a borderline 5* who has dropped some. I'm not hating on Mac but he's not in the same level IMO.
Maybe. Let’s see what Heupel and some peanut butter can do for him first though. Hooker wasn’t even going to be a starter for most college programs; Heupel made him into one of the top players in the country. Mac hasn’t had nearly as much talent around him as some others have; his Oline is pitiful. Not taking away anything from those other guys but there’s a reason Saban, Kelly, and Heupel had Mac targeted as their qb.

Maybe. Let’s see what Heupel and some peanut butter can do for him first though. Hooker wasn’t even going to be a starter for most college programs; Heupel made him into one of the top players in the country. Mac hasn’t had nearly as much talent around him as some others have; his Oline is pitiful. Not taking away anything from those other guys but there’s a reason Saban, Kelly, and Heupel had Mac targeted as their qb.
I mean,I get that... But George isn't the pure level athlete as Nico or Faizon and every program in the country wanted those two as well. That doesn't mean he couldn't end up being a better QB though! Only with time will we know.

I mean,I get that... But George isn't the pure level athlete as Nico or Faizon and every program in the country wanted those two as well. That doesn't mean he couldn't end up being a better QB though! Only with time will we know.
He may not be quite on par with Nico athletically, but Mac is still a very athletic kid. Watch his basketball highlights.

Heupel doesn’t recruit statuesque pure pocket passers.

GMac is a really good athlete albeit not as smooth as Nico. Nico has that effortless movement about him where it looks like you can’t speed him up.

Pretty much. Athleticism is awesome. Mental part of the game though is something you just don’t know about until you get a kid in the program. If you were just giving two qbs an eye test coming out of school you could have Vince Young on one hand and Tom Brady on the other. (I should probably say a lot of people would take Young’s college resume over Brady’s)

Reactions: walkenvol
Pretty much. Athleticism is awesome. Mental part of the game though is something you just don’t know about until you get a kid in the program. If you were just giving two qbs an eye test coming out of school you could have Vince Young on one hand and Tom Brady on the other. (I should probably say a lot of people would take Young’s college resume over Brady’s)
All true. In today's football and Vince in college and Tom in college and not knowing how Tom developed as a pro I'd take Vince 100 out of 100.

GMac is nowhere near as ready as Nico..he has great tools but so did Joe Milton.

What he obviously lacks right now at this point is field vision and ability to read a defense.

Heupel wants him here, so I trust in that.

He does throw a beautiful deep ball.
Agree nowhere near as college ready as Nico. Just pointing out they both are 6’6, George will also be 215ish by spring redshirt freshman year. You can see the elite athleticism in both while in the pocket m, just a different bounce in the footwork and hips. You can tell both excel in multiple sports. And both throws a beautiful deep ball, Heup loves the deep ball.

GMac is nowhere near as ready as Nico..he has great tools but so did Joe Milton.

What he obviously lacks right now at this point is field vision and ability to read a defense.

Heupel wants him here, so I trust in that.

He does throw a beautiful deep ball.
Good news is he will sit at least one year. Will compete with Merk for starting duties his RS-FR year if Nico goes to the league. No guarantees he would win that battle either. A million possible scenarios after that battle is determined.

Agree nowhere near as college ready as Nico. Just pointing out they both are 6’6, George will also be 215ish by spring redshirt freshman year. You can see the elite athleticism in both while in the pocket m, just a different bounce in the footwork and hips. You can tell both excel in multiple sports. And both throws a beautiful deep ball, Heup loves the deep ball.
Total agreement with all of that...I just think he will need a lot of work before he is ready for SEC defenses. I am glad we got Merklinger.

VN Store

Back