'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

I feel like I went to high school in the stone ages. All we did was triple option. Never had a QB that could complete a forward pass.
When I worked with Ooltewah, we had a little rivalry going with Rhea Co and man those cut blocks drove everyone crazy. There’s a reason JPJ didn’t play against UTC lol

@mrMet

What's happened to FR?
Not "recruiting" enough?

Last year there was a running clock against BA..........FR hammered them, right?
I have no clue honestly. Only have been engaged with BA this year for filming GMac for a social media company

We used to play BGA in bball when I was in high school though. That was always fun. Class of 2011

After watching our backups last night, I’d say it’s critical that G-Mac be as good as advertised.
I agree we need to hit at the QB position but wouldn’t say last night told us anything about the QB pipeline. Merklinger attempted 5 passes and we ran the ball 55 times

I agree we need to hit at the QB position but wouldn’t say last night told us anything about the QB pipeline. Merklinger attempted 5 passes and we ran the ball 55 times
Yes Heupel “develops” QB’s as much or more than he lands them. He can’t develop them in less than a year. I’m not the least concerned. Just stay healthy is all.

After watching our backups last night, I’d say it’s critical that G-Mac be as good as advertised.

Anyone making sweeping declarations about Merklinger’s talent and ability to be successful at Tennessee based on 5-10 passes through 2 games probably has unrealistic expectations for our QBs in the first place.

Anyone making sweeping declarations about Merklinger’s talent and ability to be successful at Tennessee based on 5-10 passes through 2 games probably has unrealistic expectations for our QBs in the first place.
Highly likely. I’m certainly no guru but sometimes I see guys play and I get excited. Other times I see guys play and I get concerned. This was the later.

Highly likely. I’m certainly no guru but sometimes I see guys play and I get excited. Other times I see guys play and I get concerned. This was the later.
Probably not fair to make any judgements on Merk until you've seen him play with the 1st stringers. Or even 2nd stringers.

Not many, Merk's soon to be done. When Faizon Brandon shows up, he's a transfer.
Do you people have any ability to sit back and watch things play out or do you just have to make sweeping assessments about everything? Like do you get off on having hot takes? Or is your ego so inflated that you think you can actually predict **** like this? Faizon is barely old enough to drive a car ffs. I swear some of you have no humility when it comes to your perceived “expertise”.

Do you people have any ability to sit back and watch things play out or do you just have to make sweeping assessments about everything? Like do you get off on having hot takes? Or is your ego so inflated that you think you can actually predict **** like this? Faizon is barely old enough to drive a car ffs. I swear some of you have no humility when it comes to your perceived “expertise”.
Interesting take. Never seen anyone connect being opinionated on a message board to ego, but I do have a tendency to be arrogant. I’ll meditate on James 4:6 tonight and ask the Lord for help. Not blue font.

Probably not fair to make any judgements on Merk until you've seen him play with the 1st stringers. Or even 2nd stringers.
Probably not. But the opinion wasn’t based on the results of any play, just how the ball looks coming out of his hand. Could be poor mechanics or under-developed arm strength. Could be that I have a poor eye for talent.

I was chuckling when Merk took the field and obviously could be wrong…I saw a kid who I knew had some legit talent, I knew he was SO excited to see the field, and looked like he just wanted to KILL it with everything he had.

My wife asked me why I was laughing and I said “Merk looks so unreal pumped up I think he needs to BREATHE,” but i absolutely loved the intensity in his eyes. To me anyway, he did not look scared or nervous, if anything he looked like his intensity needed to calm a bit to think more clearly.

That…is coachable. I’m excited for his future.

VN Store

Back