'25 TN RB Shekai Mills-Knight

It’s been a long time but IIRC as a freshman Charles was inserted at LB in the 1980 Alabama game due to injury to the starter. He made 10+ tackles and was named the SEC Defensive player of the week. In the team film review he graded unexpectedly low and the coaches pointed out his mistakes. He didn’t take the correction well and left school. He resurfaced at the Ken Sparks rehabilitation center at Carson Newman College after Christmas for a semester. Don’t recall seeing him the next fall so I don't know where his journey took him from there, but I recall seeing an article in the Chattanooga paper about 15 years back where Charles was working for the city recreation department running one of the rec centers in town. Hopefully my memory is close to accurate.
You have a very good memory. I had forgotten about the Carson Newman part. Some of the coaches felt that there had been some tampering with Charles - who knows if true. Charles had an unbelievable game against Bama. He caused a fumble on an option play where he deflected the ball in mid air, and was generally all over the field. He did get player of the game and I guess SEC d player based on what you say. I only heard Charles' side of the story but he definitely felt they were too harsh with their dealings with him. I don't think he or Reggie had ever really been pushed or asked to play with some pain. They were both talented and bigger than everyone even in jr high. I had heard Charles worked at the Boy's Club, but maybe it is a rec center? I've tried to locate him several times, but have been unable to. Thanks for post.

The back at Rabun-Gap looks good. Anthony Quinn Jr., he's not even ranked according to 247.
I figure if we don’t get Morris we find someone that has a great year. Starting to center in on a few final spots likely have an idea of what positions we want to address; seems to be DL, RB, LB unless an elite guy shows interest. May flip someone or some other names may pop up as the season goes on.

I mean he's a 2 time state champ in the 55 meters. That may have something to do with it, plus the players didn't deny it either. But yeah, EA Sports 🙄
I'm not debating that he's really fast. He clearly is. However, that video was asking UT players which UT player had the highest speed rating on NCAA 2025. What were they going to debate? It's a simple fact that can't be debated. Yet, that doesn't necessarily mean he is, in fact, the fastest player on the team.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
As I said

He’s the best RB in I’ve seen in Tennessee in a long time. Couldn’t care he less if he’s from Canada. So was Josh Palmer.

Top 100 player easily
Jalen Hurd 2012 Beech High Junior Year…
Hands down the best running back to ever come out of this state…
I know there are people on here who saw him live too that year..
It was unbelievable.
That 2013 Senior year injury derailed what could’ve been the second coming of Chuck Webb.
Never was the same.

It was unbelievable.
That 2013 Senior year injury derailed what could’ve been the second coming of Chuck Webb.
Never was the same.
Hurd was a good kid. Versatile player that couldn’t stay healthy. Still the only player to make All-Conference in two different conferences…at two different positions!
Got a bad rep because of Butch.

Still wouldn’t take him over Travis Stephen’s or even a Stefan Woods from Cleveland. Personal preference

It was unbelievable.
Never was the same.
The injury his senior use was a torn labrum. That wasn't the issue. My son was on that team. The problem was that he tried to get too big, too fast. He had been convinced that he needed to be 240+ while at UT(not by the coaches). He put on all that weight and never got that same burst and acceleration back. He trimmed down significantly when he transferred to Baylor.

VN Store

Back