Tn Women In The National Finals

I love to watch the Lady Vols, but honestly, I get more excited when the men are playing Middle Tennessee State than I do when the women are playing UConn. It's just me.

The women's game isn't as exciting, and some people on here need to deal with it.

UT's women's games are boring because of Summitt and her defensive mentality. I have long wished that she'd discover the importance of scoring more than 50 points in big games, but she wins many more of these slogs than she loses and will never change.

Women's basketball was a staple at UT only because it filled the football offseason while our Men's program consistently floundered. Now, we not only have a men's program, we also have access to plenty of cable television programming. Thus making the LadyVols pretty irrelevant.

i doubt the vast majority of women with mullets in the greater Knoxville area will be spending more time at the mens game's any time soon.

i doubt the vast majority of women with mullets in the greater Knoxville area will be spending more time at the mens game's any time soon.

I will also add that the men's team fanbase still doesn't travel remotely close to as well as the women's team.

UT's women's games are boring because of Summitt and her defensive mentality. I have long wished that she'd discover the importance of scoring more than 50 points in big games, but she wins many more of these slogs than she loses and will never change.

how many times do you need to post the same critique of CPS? It's just ridiculous

If you consider wins/titles a return on investment... then why would he be sarcastic?

I hope you saw the game tonight. Talk about return on investment. CPS and the Lady Vols just opened a big can of SHUT UP to all their critics.:dance2:
Did I write "financially" with disappearing ink? I must have, or else you two would have reading comprehension problems...

Interesting, seeing you're spending a lot of your precious time here in the Lady Vols forum... :whistling:

No. I chose to watch reruns of UFC Fight Night instead, mixed in with a little bit of This is Spinal Tap. Both are exponentially more entertaining than watching women's basketball.

Well, I guess you have fully explained the depth and scope of your comprehension.:birgits_giggle:

FACT:

The BASKETBALL Women of TENNESSEE have more championships than all the major mens sports combined!

Let's see you argue this one!!!!

FACT:

The BASKETBALL Women of TENNESSEE have more championships than all the major mens sports combined!

Let's see you argue this one!!!!

The basketball women have 8. In mens we have:

1 CC
1 Swimming/Diving
1 Mens Indoor Track and Field
3 Mens Outdoor Track and Field
4 Football

8>10? .... I'm confused.

68-54, and they didn't trail in the game after the first couple of minutes.

i don't understand the venom regarding the lady vols, especially w/in this fanbase.

i'm not a huge women's fan, and truth be known if TN wasn't any good at it, i doubt i'd care at all.

but since they are, and they have been for so long, i figure if you're going to do it, be great at it. and they are.

i mean, i'd rather them win than lose....wouldn't anyone that claims to be a TN fan? even if you don't like women's basketball, isn't there at least some acknowledgement that as a TN fan, i'd rather them win national titles than not to?

it was like the soft ball team......i could care less generally speaking...but they had a shot at winning the title, and i rooted for them to do it, that doesn't mean i'm going to start going to the games or anything, but faced with the choice of whether or not a team from the univesity of tennessee wins a national title or not, i'll take the national title every time, regardelss of the sport.

so as a someone that would not consider themselves a fan of women's basketball, i can still appreciate what they've accomplished this year, and overall as a program, and say congrats on a great year.

i don't see why that's so hard for some?

for the big proponents of the women's game, my only advice would be to stop making statements like "only 2 more to catch wooden" etc....you do the women's game a disservice. the two are separate and different. Rather it should simply be noted that Pat Summit and Tennessee Lady Vols stand alone as the premier women's basketball program. stop saying they're the Duke or UNC of women's basketball. be proud of what they've done, and stop worrying about how it measures up against a completely different game.

again, congrats Lady VOls, great game, great season.:thumbsup:

Great game, Lady Vols! :dance2:

Has anyone been able to find the video of the "shining moments" and the last part when Candace said, "The End," online anywhere?

VN Store

Back