Tommy Bowden fired...(merged)

Not long ago, Florida and Notre Dame went looking in the same year. Then, it was Alabama. Then, it was Michigan. Tennessee would be the best available job this year. Or, are they going to let Clemson make the best hire this year by not making a change? Yes, it would be expensive - but, so would the declines in concession and merchandise sales - the little things will add up as even the truest of fans become more apathetic.

It very well may have. It will be interesting to see if some other programs that are on the fence about their HC pull the trigger this week. Other than UT, I guess the Univ of Washington would be the leading candidate?
Syracuse has to be at the top of heap.

It very well may have. It will be interesting to see if some other programs that are on the fence about their HC pull the trigger this week. Other than UT, I guess the Univ of Washington would be the leading candidate?

Take it for whats its worth. According to coacheshotseat.com Tubberville is #1 after losing to Arkansas. Willhangham at washington has moved back to #3.

Tennessee will not fire him.He will;if asked, retire..If he doesnt, then Tennessee will issue a statement on his behalf retiring him.That is..IF (at the end of the year) it is neccessary..I cant see why people cant get this through their head...

Bowden ISNT A CLEMSON MAN= easy decision

"Bowden received a lucrative contract extension from Clemson after the 2007 season. He received the extension after considering a potential coaching position at Arkansas."

The above was pulled from ESPN's note on the Clemson firing. So Bowden gets canned after recieving a lucrative contract extension last year. Why is that so hard for UT to comprehend??

Last edited:
Take it for whats its worth. According to coacheshotseat.com Tubberville is #1 after losing to Arkansas. Willhangham at washington has moved back to #3.

yeah that's a reputable site that has Rich Rod listed as the HC of UVA. We need more sources like that

The Clemson fan base loves Dabo Swinney.

If he has success as the interim head coach, the Clemson administration might find itself in a really tough predicament. Hire Dabo, a guy with minimal experience, or hire a new coach, and risk losing your most popular assistant coach and best recruiter.

SO, since Fulmer is a Tn man, he gets to take the program he's built for years, climb on a chair with a noose, and kick the chair out from under the program as a whole.... figuratively speaking, of course.
If he wasn't a TN man, like Bowden isn't a Clemson man, he'd be fired easily..that's what I get out of it. I think it's ridiculous.

Clemson fired Bowden. Oh my gosh, what are they thinking over there?

Joe Pa had a couple of bad years, now look at him. They should just ride it out.

In addition, a coaching change will not assure a good year next year. Look at Michigan!

There is some crazy stuff going on over there. (insert sarcasm smiley here)

Just heard on the radio that Muschamp has been mentioned as a replacement following the season. Strictly a rumor however.

so now that clemson has fired bowden, does it just make us look like a bunch of fools for procrastinating and keeping fulmer. now they get a head start on the new coach search and could potentially take a coach we were interested in if we do eventually get rid of fulmer.

so now that clemson has fired bowden, does it just make us look like a bunch of fools for procrastinating and keeping fulmer. now they get a head start on the new coach search and could potentially take a coach we were interested in if we do eventually get rid of fulmer.

true.. but fulmer has one hell of a contract. Hamilton cant do much until the possibility of 8-4 is gone. I dont think there is any chance of that happening but right now technically its possible.

Everyone is celebrating down here, but within an hour and a half, we have already had two decommits, a 5 star and a 4 star. Great move in my opinion, but I don't think we win the ACC next year.

VN Store

Back