Tommy Bowden fired...(merged)

A fill in....

Beep, Beep...

sundance-dozer.jpg

Muschamp, Kiffin, and Dabo Swinney are rumored to be Clemson's top 3 candidates.

If we lose out on Muschamp because Clemson was smart enough to fire Bowden and get a head start I will be so pissed. Phil needs to go yesterday.

"They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper, who was benched after the Tigers' loss to Wake Forest loss and replaced by highly regarded sophomore Willy Korn. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."

Harper struggled playing behind an inexperienced offensive line this season. His father, Jeff Harper, an offensive lineman on Georgia's 1980 national championship team, said Bowden's dismissal was justified. "I'd call it karma," he said. "I thought it needed to be done. I think anytime a head coach or someone in a leadership position starts to place blame on his coaches and players, it weakens their respect on the team. His past experiences have shown he's done that."

Tommy lost a lot of fans and respect the second he benched Cullen Harper vs Wake.
That was a B-move, to try and make it seem as if Cullen wasnt pulling his weight

If we lose out on Muschamp because Clemson was smart enough to fire Bowden and get a head start I will be so pissed. Phil needs to go yesterday.
Personally i don't want Muschamp, but, the philosophy is correct. Clemson is being very shrewd in making this move this early. If they clearly have someone in mind, who ever it may be, and they get that person, and it's a guy that might be at the top of our potential wish list, then you will have a lot of folks pointing to this year as "what might have been".

the timing of these things are so important......we'll see if Clemson's move pays off for them.

10 years with no ACC title gets you fired at Clemson. I wonder what 10 years with no SEC title gets you at Tennessee.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

10 years with no ACC title gets you fired at Clemson. I wonder what 10 years with no SEC title gets you at Tennessee.
raises and extensions.....for 4 loss seasons.

A letter in the paper supporting you signed by dozens of former players and repeated votes of confidence from your AD.

I am admittedly naive because I thought he would be gone today, but surely a loss to Alabama and a couple other SEC opponents will finally put this quadriplegic horse out of its misery.

Tommy Bowden was just fired as Clemson's head coach after starting 3 - 3 and not living up to expectations . . .

"They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper, who was benched after the Tigers' loss to Wake Forest loss and replaced by highly regarded sophomore Willy Korn. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."

How can Phil not be next?

true.. but fulmer has one hell of a contract. Hamilton cant do much until the possibility of 8-4 is gone. I dont think there is any chance of that happening but right now technically its possible.

Wrong. Hamilton could fire Fulmer now. As of right now, Fulmer has NOT gone 8-4 this year, so that is not a violation of the contract. There is no clause stating that he can't be fired mid-season for his gross incompetence.

Clemson has just announced the firing of Head Coach Tommy Bowden. Why? He can't win.

Not offensive enough

Clemson coach Tommy Bowden was fired on Monday. His team's offensive struggles are a big part of the reason. A look at where Clemson ranks nationally in several key categories (per game).

Stat Avg. Rank
Total yards per game 354.5 73rd
Rush yards per game 141.5 41st
Pass yards per game 213.0 58th
Points per game 26.7 56th

If you look at the same stats for the Vols.... we are worse.:cray:

I am going to put this on the main board for a while before my merge finger gets ligament damage.

Wrong. Hamilton could fire Fulmer now. As of right now, Fulmer has NOT gone 8-4 this year, so that is not a violation of the contract. There is no clause stating that he can't be fired mid-season for his gross incompetence.
Could you copy me on Fulmer's contract so I can read it?

VN Store

Back