Tomorrow will tell a lot

Miami doesn’t look legit imo. They’ve had 2 struggle wins to scrubs in back to back weeks.
Miami is 6-0.....it does not matter if you had some close calls all teams have them. Even Bama at the peak of its dynasty had a few close shaves every year and took l's they shouldn't have quite often and still brought the hardware home. There are 2 teams in the P4 that are 6-0 Miami and Indiana. Even crazier.. Look at the rest of Miami's schedule...Syracuse, Louisville and Duke are their hardest remaining games they literally have the opposite of Florida's schedule (easiest vs hardest). They are the most likely P4 team to end the season undefeated. Indiana has to play Michigan and OSU so likely won't end up undefeated but could end up in the Big 10 championship game as at least one of Penn State or OSU are likely to end up with 2 L's.. they face each other so only one of them can possibly go undefeated.

Indiana is a wild story. James Madison's coach was hired and brought some of their players over to Indiana... not only are they doing great.. JMU is still kicking butt after losing them. This has been a wild season so far and lots of possible upset fireworks on the board this week (vegas has 8 top 25 games in the upset range line 5.5 or lower). Like I said preseason there is a good chance multiple 3 loss teams make the playoffs. Parity is here.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
It was one loss, on the road, at night, to a good conference opponent. Also, Arkansas is no slouch of a team. They have lost two tough road games to top 25 teams by one score.

Heupel doesn't have to run the table to be capable of doing so down the road. We are still at a recruiting disadvantage from a poor 2021 recruiting class and other scholarship reductions we had to adhere to these past recruiting classes.

We do need to adjust the offensive playcalling and find a way to counter the 3-3-5 defensive alignment. We also need to be better disciplined on the OL and limit the negative mistakes. But I expect us to improve in these areas as the season goes on. And honestly, I've always liked our chances against Bama and Florida at home. Beating UGA in Athens will be a tough task that I'm not overly confident in. But it doesn't mean the team Heupel isn't capable.

Careful. Logic and reason are not welcome here.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
These judgements of a guy's value off of a single game crack me up. So if UT loses tomorrow, all the good that's been built over the last few years is out the window and Heupel is on the "hot seat"? Two weeks ago there were discussions over who would be the easiest win between UGa and Bama and whether we prefer being the SEC champ or the 5 seed and hosting a game, and now it's time to think about firing the coach? This place really really is a lunatic asylum.
Instant gratification and entitlement

Reactions: sami
Miami is 6-0.....it does not matter if you had some close calls all teams have them. Even Bama at the peak of its dynasty had a few close shaves every year and took l's they shouldn't have quite often and still brought the hardware home. There are 2 teams in the P4 that are 6-0 Miami and Indiana. Even crazier.. Look at the rest of Miami's schedule...Syracuse, Louisville and Duke are their hardest remaining games they literally have the opposite of Florida's schedule (easiest vs hardest). They are the most likely P4 team to end the season undefeated. Indiana has to play Michigan and OSU so likely won't end up undefeated but could end up in the Big 10 championship game as at least one of Penn State or OSU are likely to end up with 2 L's.. they face each other so only one of them can possibly go undefeated.

Indiana is a wild story. James Madison's coach was hired and brought some of their players over to Indiana... not only are they doing great.. JMU is still kicking butt after losing them. This has been a wild season so far and lots of possible upset fireworks on the board this week (vegas has 8 top 25 games in the upset range line 5.5 or lower). Like I said preseason there is a good chance multiple 3 loss teams make the playoffs. Parity is here.

Indiana is a great story, but c'mon, they've played nobody. The Big 10 is maybe three good teams and then everybody else, and IU's only real game this year will be OSU. Their only other road game left is Mich. St., so unless they implode they are likely to be 10-2 at worst.

Same can be said for Miami. With Florida and Fla. St. down, their toughest game is at Louisville this week. If either of these teams was in the SEC, they'd be 8-4 teams at best.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Big issue is . . . A loss to UF and they are looking at 4 losses in a row.

Will Heupel survive that? 100% yes. Can he come back from it? Yes.

Will the process of assistant coaches getting canned begin? 100% yes.

We're 30-14 under Heupel with a 6-7 record the first season. 24-7 the last 3. We've become relevant and competitive with the best teams in the country.
Take away the cupcakes + bottom feeders and you are looking at 0-3 vs UGA, 1-2 vs Florida, and 1-2 vs Bama. Even Butch was able to scrap a few wins together against UGA and UF once.

I will give him credit for handling some lesser rivals like Vandy and UK. However if he cannot beat a down Florida team while playing at home then I question his ability to get us to where we want to be: competing for championships. With the money we have coming in, anything less than that is not worth our time.

I’m arguing on a hypothetical right now. In about 24 hours we will see how the team responds.

Reactions: Volizona
I haven’t commented or posted all week ( I don’t think) because I just didn’t really have anything worth saying after the ridiculous pathetic loss last week. This is year 4….year 4 for Huepel.

If Tennessee loses a HOME game to this pathetic Florida team, we know that Huepel probably will never lead us to being a front runner of the SEC. You can make all of the excuses you want but this is…and I’ll say it again….year 4. No excuses. Year 4 that offensive line should be ferocious. Nico doesn’t have time to get but one look back there. Can’t win like that. Running game against decent teams is not consistent to win.

Tennessee blows out Florida tomorrow…ok, progress…fixing issues. Tennessee loses? Our program is again garbage and don’t try denying it or you’re just a blind homer.
Agree. If we lose back to back years to an inferior Florida team, Heupel isn’t the guy.

VN Store

Back