25. Tulsa

just missed: Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Fresno State, Auburn

Heisman 5
1. Chase Daniel/QB/Missouri
2. Sam Bradford/QB/Oklahoma
3. Max Hall/QB/BYU
4. Javon Ringer/RB/Michigan State
5. Dez Bryant/WR/Oklahoma State

Call me crazy, but I think that Kentucky won't drop in the just missed category this week. They've been poised to get into the top 25 all season, but even with a "quality loss" (a very strong showing) against Bama yesterday, I don't think that it will hurt them much.

Call me crazy, but I think that Kentucky won't drop in the just missed category this week. They've been poised to get into the top 25 all season, but even with a "quality loss" (a very strong showing) against Bama yesterday, I don't think that it will hurt them much.

they weren't even close to sniffing the "just missed" in my last poll. I just don't think they're that good

what i dont understand is how does alabama not drop a spot or two after narrowly excaping Kentucky after a team ranked behind them (Missouri) had a dominating performance on the road against Nebraska while Georgia dropped after narrowly escaping South Carolina after a team ranked behind them (Oklahoma) had a dominating performance on the road against a worse opponent in Washington.. these polls are all conspiracy..

and how in the heck is South Carolina still getting top 25 votes with a 4-2 record with wins including only a 10 point win against wofford and a 13 point win against UAB?

what i dont understand is how does alabama not drop a spot or two after narrowly excaping Kentucky after a team ranked behind them (Missouri) had a dominating performance on the road against Nebraska while Georgia dropped after narrowly escaping South Carolina after a team ranked behind them (Oklahoma) had a dominating performance on the road against a worse opponent in Washington.. these polls are all conspiracy..

and how in the heck is South Carolina still getting top 25 votes with a 4-2 record with wins including only a 10 point win against wofford and a 13 point win against UAB?

I dropped Alabama a spot

I don't think Missouri is that good either.

LOL. Post of the week (and not for being right).

I'm not sure what folks around here have against Missouri, but it's fun to read. If Mizzou isn't "that good," I'll be even more depressed about the state of our own program.

Remind me again how good Mizzou's defense is?

Well, both Missouri and Oklahoma gave up 17 points yesterday. One played Nebraska, the other played Baylor. Both seemed pretty good to me.

The criticism of the defensive unit isn't unwarranted, but they're certainly showing signs of improvement. We'll see how well they fare against Texas.

To say they're "not that good" is ludicrous, however. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Last edited:
We'll know more after they take on OK State and Texas in consecutive weeks.

But for now, a lot of people are big time on their case when they've torn teams apart. Not saying they have a good defense... pretty much saying i have no clue whether they do or not.

LOL. Post of the week (and not for being right).

I'm not sure what folks around here have against Missouri, but it's fun to read. If Mizzou isn't "that good," I'll be even more depressed about the state of our own program.
Didn't we deal with this crap last year? When they beat a team that is worth something then I will listen. And Kansas isn't worth anything.

Kansas avoided Oklahoma and Texas last year, and lost to Mizzou.. they will get a dose of reality this year tho.. Yes theyve already lost to South Florida but they may get blown out against Texas and Oklahoma

Didn't we deal with this crap last year? When they beat a team that is worth something then I will listen. And Kansas isn't worth anything.

Wow, another quality post. If only everybody else was as knowledgeable as you, right?

Funny.

Wow, another quality post. If only everybody else was as knowledgeable as you, right?

Funny.
As opposed to you, who just thinks someone is good because they have a high ranking, and can beat bad teams on a weekly basis.

Funny.

Missouri is about to play two quality opponents in Ok St. and Texas (actually using quality to describe Texas is a bit of an understatement) They will have my respect if they win both, but they won't

As opposed to you, who just thinks someone is good because they have a high ranking, and can beat bad teams on a weekly basis.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Not a good foundation for an argument.

BTW, your description of Missouri can be applied to Oklahoma as well - a team with a high ranking that has, so far, beaten bad teams on a weekly basis. Strange, isn't it?

Missouri is about to play two quality opponents in Ok St. and Texas (actually using quality to describe Texas is a bit of an understatement) They will have my respect if they win both...

I won't be surprised if they don't win both. Beating Texas, especially, would be a huge accomplishment.

…but they won't

If college football was quite this predictable, I'd be rich.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Not a good foundation for an argument.

BTW, your description of Missouri can be applied to Oklahoma as well - a team with a high ranking that has, so far, beaten bad teams on a weekly basis. Strange, isn't it?
The difference is OU wins the Big 12 all the time and has proven to be a good program. Missouri just appears to take advantage of an exceptionally weak Big 12 North. If they beat Texas, I will be more likely to believe in them.

The difference is OU wins the Big 12 all the time and has proven to be a good program. Missouri just appears to take advantage of an exceptionally weak Big 12 North. If they beat Texas, I will be more likely to believe in them.

Exactly

The difference is OU wins the Big 12 all the time and has proven to be a good program.

Yeah, I figured this is what it boiled down to for you. Missouri is the new kid on the block, so you give them no respect.

Oklahoma being a good program most of the time doesn't really have a lot to do with why they may or may not be better than Missouri this season.

Missouri just appears to take advantage of an exceptionally weak Big 12 North. If they beat Texas, I will be more likely to believe in them.

Oh, no worries. You'll find something to knock them for - I have no doubt.

In the end, you may turn out to be right, but it's just strange to see people being so overly dismissive.

That has just about zero to do with this season. I know it means you can tell they are legit, and shoot maybe they are, but them being a good program has little to do with this.

I'm excited for the games against OK state and Texas.

If texas beats OU and Mizzou consecutive weeks, are they #1?

Unlike your Tigers, Bob Stoops' Sooners' have shown that each year they're able to consistently compete in BCS Bowls and win Big 12 Championships. Missouri, on the other hand, has shown they have 2 dynamic players and have a weak history as far as record in Big 12 play. Beat a quality team, then win your division, and maybe we'll talk.

1. Oklahoma
2. Missouri
3. Alabama
4. Texas
5. LSU
6. Penn. State
7. Texas Tech
8. BYU
9. USC
10. Ohio State
11. Georgia
12. Florida