Top 25 and Heisman 5 for 10/5/08

Lou Holtz and Mark May are acting like after today Sam Bradshaw is out of the Heisman race and Colt McCoy is the new leader. Not really seeing how that happens. Bradshaw was 99.8% of OU's offense (387 yards, 5 TDs). They're also saying how Colt's numbers are favorable to Vince Young's (who didn't win the Heisman anyway) but they only list passing stats, completing ignoring Vince's rushing.
It's kind of hard to argue against the QB that has a comp % of 80% and also leads the team in rushing.

Here's my top 25 for the week

1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Penn St.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas Tech
8. LSU
9. Ok St.
10. Georgia
11. North Carolina
12. Michigan St.
13. Ohio St.
14. Missouri
15. Utah
16. Brigham Young
17. South Florida
18. Boise St.
19. Vanderbilt
20. Kansas
21. Wake Forest
22. Virginia Tech
23. Pitt
24. South Carolina
25. Tulsa

Last edited:
Yeah, I am probably WAY overranking UNC, but I think they will storm through the rest of their schedule and maybe even make a BCS game.

What happened to our resident Mizzou fan? Seems awful quiet today. Anyway, Columbia is a hole and, aside from a Kansas funded and supported KCMO, Missouri is a trash dump which is littered with nothing but pot holes and Lions Den's Adult Superstores.

What happened to our resident Mizzou fan? Seems awful quiet today. Anyway, Columbia is a hole and, aside from a Kansas funded and supported KCMO, Missouri is a trash dump which is littered with nothing but pot holes and Lions Den's Adult Superstores.
being the smartest guy in the room is great until reality proves you're an idiot.

I meant to stop in earlier, but I've had a pretty terrible (read: busy) week.

Let's just say I'll have to eat some crow after that performance. Three INTs from Daniel, 11 rushing yards for Washington, bad defense when they needed a stop, etc. It was an ugly game, and if they play like that against Texas, it'll get even uglier.

I'm not giving up completely, but that was an embarrassing loss. The UT/UGA game coupled with the Mizzou loss made for a wonderful Saturday. :crazy:

being the smartest guy in the room is great until reality proves you're an idiot.

I'd like to say I don't deserve this, but Missouri's performance couldn't have been more helpful in making me look like a tool.

No worries, I can take my lumps. Fire away, guys.

I meant to stop in earlier, but I've had a pretty terrible (read: busy) week.

Let's just say I'll have to eat some crow after that performance. Three INTs from Daniel, 11 rushing yards for Washington, bad defense when they needed a stop, etc. It was an ugly game, and if they play like that against Texas, it'll get even uglier.

I'm not giving up completely, but that was an embarrassing loss. The UT/UGA game coupled with the Mizzou loss made for a wonderful Saturday. :crazy:
I found the buddies you invited very entertaining.

I sent no invitations - they came of their own free will. I did think it was funny that they cared enough to register.
I assumed you told them the story and they strolled over, wanting to educate morons like us. IMO, that's an invite.

Let's just say I'll have to eat some crow after that performance...if they play like that against Texas, it'll get even uglier.

I'm not giving up completely.
That "performance" was Mizzou's first game against a decent, I stress "decent" because OSU is not anything more than decent, team. Texas will make Chase Daniel and Mizzou look like what they are: a collection of All Metro-KC high schoolers.

While you might not be giving up, you should go ahead and accept the fact that Mizzou will finish the season with at least 3 losses.

I assumed you told them the story and they strolled over, wanting to educate morons like us. IMO, that's an invite.

I wouldn't frequent a forum if I thought it was full of morons, so that's far from true.

I posted the link at another forum that has a few Missouri fans and asked them what they thought - nothing about coming here to "educate" other people was mentioned. Most of them agreed that Missouri had a ways to go before being a proven team, so it's not like they were furious. I'm not even sure of the identities of the two that ended up posting here.

That "performance" was Mizzou's first game against a decent, I stress "decent" because OSU is not anything more than decent, team. Texas will make Chase Daniel and Mizzou look like what they are: a collection of All Metro-KC high schoolers.

While you might not be giving up, you should go ahead and accept the fact that Mizzou will finish the season with at least 3 losses.

I ever so humbly thank you for the analysis.

I ever so humbly thank you for the analysis.
Don't get me wrong...Blue Springs, Ray-Pec, Liberty, and Rockhurst are all KCMO Powerhouses. However, being that Darren Sproles is by far the best player to come out of the Greater KC Metro Area, I would not exactly call it a D-1 FBS recruiting hotbed.

Don't get me wrong...Blue Springs, Ray-Pec, Liberty, and Rockhurst are all KCMO Powerhouses. However, being that Darren Sproles is by far the best player to come out of the Greater KC Metro Area, I would not exactly call it a D-1 FBS recruiting hotbed.

Oh, I agree. They're not a team filled with top-tier prospects.

I guess the joke is on me for being optimistic about their chances this year. Call me stupid, but I never would've guessed they'd lose to OSU. That drive in the last two minutes of the game that ended in another INT for Daniel just summed up the entire game perfectly.

Being a Missouri fan is somewhat akin to being a Cubs fan, I think. Fans of both teams probably share a tendency for being overconfident when they taste success. When it comes so infrequently, maybe that's to be expected.

Oh, I agree. They're not a team filled with top-tier prospects.

I guess the joke is on me for being optimistic about their chances this year. Call me stupid, but I never would've guessed they'd lose to OSU. That drive in the last two minutes of the game that ended in another INT for Daniel just summed up the entire game perfectly.

Being a Missouri fan is somewhat akin to being a Cubs fan, I think. Fans of both teams probably share a tendency for being overconfident when they taste success. When it comes so infrequently, maybe that's to be expected.
Just letting you know, I hate Missouri with all the passion of John Brown. :hi:

ROCK-CHALK-BABY.jpg

Oh, the feeling is more than mutual. I especially enjoyed the game in Kansas City last year.

VN Store

Back