Top 25 and Heisman 5 for 10/5/08

Unlike your Tigers, Bob Stoops' Sooners' have shown that each year they're able to consistently compete in BCS Bowls and win Big 12 Championships.

The bowl game against WVU was fun to watch last season, as long as we're talking about history.

Missouri, on the other hand, has shown they have 2 dynamic players and have a weak history as far as record in Big 12 play. Beat a quality team, then win your division, and maybe we'll talk.

Yeah, right - Missouri only has two dynamic players.

It's hard to analyze a team that you know nothing about, isn't it?

What is Missouri's best win over the last 2 years? Illinois? Yeah Missouri is a power because only 4 teams beat Illinois last year.

That has just about zero to do with this season. I know it means you can tell they are legit, and shoot maybe they are, but them being a good program has little to do with this.
I'll take my chances with a team that consistently wins championships as opposed to a team that in its best season didn't win anything.

The bowl game against WVU was fun to watch last season, as long as we're talking about history.

Umm... did you miss the OU/Mizzou game last year? Also, both teams looks almost exactly the same personnel wise this year, so if they meet in the Big 12 championship I will take OU by 2 touchdowns.

Umm... did you miss the OU/Mizzou game last year? Also, both teams looks almost exactly the same personnel wise this year, so if they meet in the Big 12 championship I will take OU by 2 touchdowns.

The first game in Norman was actually pretty close - I believe Missouri lost by 10. Both teams made some regrettable mistakes, so the outcome could've changed pretty easily (not to say it was a fluke that Missouri lost).

The second game (the Big XII championship) was a completely different story. I'm pretty sure it was tied at halftime, but Mizzou unraveled in the second half. I'm not sure if you can attribute that to Oklahoma's play (they did play very, very well in this game) or Missouri's mistakes (I remember Daniel threw a few INTs), but yes, Oklahoma beat Missouri soundly. Do I believe they were really 21 points better than Mizzou last year? No, but that's how the game ended.

As evidenced by WVU's game against OU, however, you never know what's going to happen. I thought OU would win going away, and they got stomped.

The first game in Norman was actually pretty close - I believe Missouri lost by 10. Both teams made some regrettable mistakes, so the outcome could've changed pretty easily (not to say it was a fluke that Missouri lost).

The second game (the Big XII championship) was a completely different story. I'm pretty sure it was tied at halftime, but Mizzou unraveled in the second half. I'm not sure if you can attribute that to Oklahoma's play (they did play very, very well in this game) or Missouri's mistakes (I remember Daniel threw a few INTs), but yes, Oklahoma beat Missouri soundly. Do I believe they were really 21 points better than Mizzou last year? No, but that's how the game ended.

As evidenced by WVU's game against OU, however, you never know what's going to happen. I thought OU would win going away, and they got stomped.

Just goes to show you how sometimes a pissed off team can beat the crap out of a better team.

I'll take my chances with a team that consistently wins championships as opposed to a team that in its best season didn't win anything.

I hear ya, I'm just saying... Tennessee has had a good program and has a lot of history, but that doesn't mean we're worth a crap.

It was relevant once you brought up OU's competition. They've proved that they can handle a light schedule.

"They," of course, still refers to Oklahoma teams of seasons past. It has no bearing on this year, no matter how you try to rationalize it in your head.

Sorry, no dice.

I'll be all for Missouri when they show that they can play defense and play a balanced football game on O.

Teams build reputation by beating other good teams. Missouri has never done that, including this season.

Hell, UT would beat that sorry Nebraska team.

"They," of course, still refers to Oklahoma teams of seasons past. It has no bearing on this year, no matter how you try to rationalize it in your head.

Sorry, no dice.

I said that Missouri had a poor schedule.

You said that Oklahoma has a poor schedule.

We agreed that both played relatively weak opponents this season.

I said that scheduling hadn't affected Oklahoma on previous seasons based on final results.

Until Missouri can prove they can beat a decent team I'll continue to question there defense.

I'll be all for Missouri when they show that they can play defense and play a balanced football game on O.

A balanced football game on offense? We must be watching different teams, because that's exactly what I've been seeing all year.

Teams build reputation by beating other good teams. Missouri has never done that, including this season.

It's a good thing teams don't play each other's reputations on the football field.

Hell, UT would beat that sorry Nebraska team.

Sadly, I wouldn't bank on it.

I said that scheduling hadn't affected Oklahoma on previous seasons based on final results.

Still not relevant. Keep beating that drum, though.

Until Missouri can prove they can beat a decent team I'll continue to question there defense.

I guess they'll just have to soldier on without your approval, huh?

What's going to be great is when they get destroyed by either Oklahoma or Texas. They would struggle with Texas Tech or Oklahoma State right now. They're by no means one of the 3 best teams in the Big 12 right now unless their defense shows drastic improvements.

What's going to be great is when they get destroyed by either Oklahoma or Texas. They would struggle with Texas Tech or Oklahoma State right now. They're by no means one of the 3 best teams in the Big 12 right now unless their defense shows drastic improvements.

As your anger rises, the predictions with regards to Missouri grow grimmer and grimmer. Interesting correlation…

Brilliant analysis. You deserve a lollipop.
did you provide some brilliance that warranted any back?

you incorrectly tried to say OSU is a good football team, which is absolute bunk. They're an atrocious football team. You're simply trying to setup the argument that Missouri somehow belongs where they're ranked.

Finally, while you're assessing brilliance, please recall that I'm not the person here trying to claim Missouri is greatness.

did you provide some brilliance that warranted any back?

When I see things like "Missouri is not that good" and "they only have two dynamic players," brilliance isn't even necessary.

you incorrectly tried to say OSU is a good football team, which is absolute bunk.

They're probably not as good as the ranking suggests, and that's because they haven't started the meat of their schedule yet. I'm fully aware of that.

I'm not going to dismiss them completely, however. That appears to be more your style, so have at it.

They're an atrocious football team. You're simply trying to setup the argument that Missouri somehow belongs where they're ranked.

Oh, so now you can discern what I'm thinking before I've even said it? That's pretty impressive. Would you like to fabricate the rest of this discussion yourself? It would save me a lot of time.

What a joke.

Finally, while you're assessing brilliance, please recall that I'm not the person here trying to claim Missouri is greatness.

Prove that I've said Missouri is great.

VN Store

Back