Train derailment danger being covered up?

Why is it that Biden blamed this train accident on greedy corporations and demanded that Norfolk Southern foot the bill. But in Baltimore I don’t remember him once mentioning the name of the international shipping company, much less blaming them…and offering federal government funds to rebuild the bridge. He did this before they even knew what had caused the collision with the bridge.

I don’t know the answer but the inconsistency is striking.

Why is it that Biden blamed this train accident on greedy corporations and demanded that Norfolk Southern foot the bill. But in Baltimore I don’t remember him once mentioning the name of the international shipping company, much less blaming them…and offering federal government funds to rebuild the bridge. He did this before they even knew what had caused the collision with the bridge.

I don’t know the answer but the inconsistency is striking.
I have been reading up on this, talking with someone who has helped work the clean up, but apparently Norflok Southern jumped all over this.

It's a really crap situation so there is no perfect/best solution, but the person I talked to said that getting Federal money involved would just slow things down. Too many more strings beyond the EPA. And with what NS has contributed Federal funds arent *really* needed.

VN Store

Back