Train derailment danger being covered up?

I sold Pressure Vessels for 25 years and it is amazing the lack of principles in applying PRV's even by the vessel manufacturers. One tank kit for a certain size vessel just for Max Working Pressure and no allowance for gas volume relief. Throw in corrosive and material compatibility..some body, ie maintenance, just put the incorrect PRVs on there.

We average close to 2000 derailments a year.

I'd ask you for the source of that info, but knowing how folks seem to no longer have pride in their work these days, I'll take your word at face value.

You know, back in the mid-1980s, I was among that faction who hoped to derail Bill Gates' Windows by buying, pushing, and using GEM (Graphics Environment Manager). But, like many of that time, got railroaded by Microsoft.
1680100178262.png

I'd ask you for the source of that info, but knowing how folks seem to no longer have pride in their work these days, I'll take your word at face value.

You know, back in the mid-1980s, I was among that faction who hoped to derail Bill Gates' Windows by buying, pushing, and using GEM (Graphics Environment Manager). But, like many of that time, got railroaded by Microsoft.
View attachment 543698

I was wrong in my "about 2000" statement, it's about 1500 per year.

Why Train Derailments Are More Common Than You Think

Train carrying Hazardous Materials Derails in rural Maine, residents warned to 'stay clear'

A train has reportedly derailed in the state of Maine and officials say they believe hazardous materials were on board.

"Train derailment with fire north of rockwood, hazzard materials please stay clear!" The Rockwood, Maine Fire & Rescue posted on Facebook Saturday.

Maine1.jpg

Train carrying hazardous materials derails in rural Maine, residents warned to 'stay clear'

VN Store

Back