'24 Transfer Portal

Would you give Salter another shot if he's matured off the field?
I doubt he's coming back here. I can't recall a situation where a player was kicked off the team, transferred out, and then transferred back in a couple years later. He really doesn't have any ties to this coaching staff. He was a Pruitt recruit,

SIAP. Big want! Hope someone on staff may have talked or even a passing comment to him after the game.

This is the only main want for me out of the portal of relevance. Only other portal wants I have are just secondary players.

Weird that we had two portal qbs come in the same year and both played….

You mean the 2 that were recruited by 2 different staffs or someone else I’m not thinking of? And when we didn’t have an heir apparent at QB?

Whether or not one would come, I don’t think the staff will seek a QB in the portal unless it’s for backup purposes. Obviously just my opinion tho

Boost their stats by watching Nico ball out? Guess they would have some decent garbage time
I love Nico and want him to be the man. They rolled with Joe Milton, so if he’s not a sure thing we need another qb to push the competition up and have a plan b. His NIL deal will keep him locked in with us. Would be foolish to leave because that money pays over time.

I love Nico and want him to be the man. They rolled with Joe Milton, so if he’s not a sure thing we need another qb to push the competition up and have a plan b. His NIL deal will keep him locked in with us. Would be foolish to leave because that money pays over time.
It’s been said by liters everyone including AP and and Hubbs that landing a portal QB is gonna be extremely difficult if not impossible.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
You mean the 2 that were recruited by 2 different staffs or someone else I’m not thinking of? And when we didn’t have an heir apparent at QB?

Whether or not one would come, I don’t think the staff will seek a QB in the portal unless it’s for backup purposes. Obviously just my opinion tho
You may be right. But this offense will put a qb in the league if they can make the throws. It’s a huge selling point and Nico is locked in with his NIL. He will get paid regardless if it takes him 4 or 5 years to go pro. He’s already making big money. A transfer qb would push him and give us a plan b. You may be right and the staff doesn’t feel the need but it seems like a smart hedge.

It’s been said by liters everyone including AP and and Hubbs that landing a portal QB is gonna be extremely difficult if not impossible.
Well they’ve been wrong plenty. If we are that in on Nico I hope he stays healthy. I’ve wanted Nico to play since we dropped the bama game. But if a big time portal guy wants to come I say entertain it

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Well they’ve been wrong plenty. If we are that in on Nico I hope he stays healthy. I’ve wanted Nico to play since we dropped the bama game. But if a big time portal guy wants to come I say entertain it
The problem is hi do you convince a big time portal QB to come here and sit the bench?

The problem is hi do you convince a big time portal QB to come here and sit the bench?
We don’t know they will. But I agree it’s a tough sell if they are leaving for playing time. What about a guy who just wants a better offense and exposure? We can offer than with NIL.

We don’t know they will. But I agree it’s a tough sell if they are leaving for playing time. What about a guy who just wants a better offense and exposure? We can offer than with NIL.
I don’t have a problem with that. Guess the issue is finding that guy.

VN Store

Back