'24 Transfer Portal

Why do we need TE's, just to block? We hardly ever throw to them. Our TE's have been open numerous times this year and never looked at evidently.

Agree: What kind of offense doesn't throw to the TE? It's a mainstay of pro offenses. Georgia has torched us with passes to their TEs.
I thought Warren was going to be a weapon for us this year? Uh, no: 11 games, 12 receptions. Either our tight ends can't run or our offense
needs a rethink. Heupel is supposed to be this offensive genius--but we're terrible on 3rd down and don't throw to the TE even when we have issues at WR. Bizarre.

Agree: What kind of offense doesn't throw to the TE? It's a mainstay of pro offenses. Georgia has torched us with passes to their TEs.
I thought Warren was going to be a weapon for us this year? Uh, no: 11 games, 12 receptions. Either our tight ends can't run or our offense
needs a rethink. Heupel is supposed to be this offensive genius--but we're terrible on 3rd down and don't throw to the TE even when we have issues at WR. Bizarre.
Go to the Football Forum.

While I do agree we should throw more to TE in general, Castles has been pretty solid with over 200yrds, and they both have 3 TDs. I also believe the way the offense has gone this year, they have used the TE on run blocking more and blocking on the edge with the quick screens (which we have thrown way more of this year then last year)...so it negates them running downfield.
But, even last year Fant didnt have that many yards or receptions, just alot of TD's....Just think its a style of offense thing.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Would be surprised if Sheffield out of Purdue doesn't end up at Louisville.

UT should be going heavy after Cottrell, the OT from Florida, and the OT from Princeton.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
How you know those dudes can play?
Cottrell was 5 Star out of HS and top one or two WR in that class. Heupel and Company recruited him heavily. Has 4yrs of eligibility left and made an impact when he was on the field for ATM this year.

Jordan, OT at Florida, I believe started one or two games...granted it was Florida but that's starting in the SEC.

The OT from Princeton (forget his name right off) is on just about every NFL teams radar as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Also, one I forgot to mention is Seward from Mich St...ive.seen that guy play in person and he's a wrecker on the DL.

Cottrell was 5 Star out of HS and top one or two WR in that class. Heupel and Company recruited him heavily. Has 4yrs of eligibility left and made an impact when he was on the field for ATM this year.

Jordan, OT at Florida, I believe started one or two games...granted it was Florida but that's starting in the SEC.

The OT from Princeton (forget his name right off) is on just about every NFL teams radar as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Also, one I forgot to mention is Seward from Mich St...ive.seen that guy play in person and he's a wrecker on the DL.
Cottrell made an impact on the field? How? He had one catch for 13 yards. If it was the only snap he played all year, I guess that's technically making an impact, but that isn't a case to strengthen your stance I don't think.

That said, I still think he has pedigree, and not gaining PT as a freshman isn't necessarily a death sentence.

Cottrell made an impact on the field? How? He had one catch for 13 yards. If it was the only snap he played all year, I guess that's technically making an impact, but that isn't a case to strengthen your stance I don't think.

That said, I still think he has pedigree, and not gaining PT as a freshman isn't necessarily a death sentence.

Yeah that was obviously made up

It was my understanding that players can enter the portal from Dec. 4 through Jan. 3. But I suppose a player can announce whenever he wishes that he intends or plans to enter the portal. Perhaps some of the tweets meant that the player intends to enter the portal in Dec.? Perhaps it means that the player has notified his school’s compliance department of his intention to enter the portal? Idk.
Grad transfers don't have to wait for a window. And if a team makes a change at head coach, the portal opens for players from that team. Other than that, yes, the portal window opens on Dec. 4th.

The Princeton player Jalen Travis has first or second round grades and wants to play a 5th year in college? I just searched for him and I only saw articles about him wanting to play in the NFL but also planing on going to law school…

Who is going to block for him? Who is going to stop the other team so our offense can get on the field?
Did you miss all the OL that entered.
And the DL.
I’m assuming we’re crystal balled for all of them if we’re posting them.

We had 1-2 starting a few games in the SEC that ain’t worth 15 cents

VN Store

Back