Career: 12,000 yards passing
- 69.6% completion
- 94 TDs to 28 ints

VolNation: No!!!

*QB enters portal* (when he did enter)
Career: 1100 passing yards
- 5 TDs to 6 ints

VolNation: HELLL YEAHHHH!!!
I was adamantly against Milton coming here originally. I thought he was unimpressive at UM and didn't want anything to do with him. McGill was in that camp as well. After 3 years I was hopeful that Heup could fix him, but it seems that the habits were dug in tighter than a tick.

I was adamantly against Milton coming here originally. I thought he was unimpressive at UM and didn't want anything to do with him. McGill was in that camp as well. After 3 years I was hopeful that Heup could fix him, but it seems that the habits were dug in tighter than a tick.
I think some of it goes beyond bad habits. Some people just don't have it. Playing QB is a game of multiple variables that can and will change during the course of every play. Their is a processing ability that some people naturally have. Others might not come by it naturally but through time and experience they can make significant improvements with it. Then there are some that just can't get their brain to stay calm, react quickly to what they see and make a correct decision in that split second. And there is no amount of coaching that can fix it.

*QB enters portal*

Career: 12,000 yards passing
- 69.6% completion
- 94 TDs to 28 ints

VolNation: No!!!

*QB enters portal* (when he did enter)
Career: 1100 passing yards
- 5 TDs to 6 ints

VolNation: HELLL YEAHHHH!!!
Totally different situation..Tennessee had no QB except for HH who was brought here by Jeremy Pruitt....

Heupel obviously didn't think HH was the answer so he took a flyer on Milton ....bad move

Now Tennessee has Nico and a highly rated QB coming in , and a guy who he is familiar with in Gasten Moore...

Once again Wil Rogers will find a home , just not here....

Yes CJH will put all his money on Nico and Merklinger ...his team his decision...

Same goes for keeping Tim Banks whether some of us like it or not...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Totally different situation..Tennessee had no QB except for HH who was brought here by Jeremy Pruitt....

Heupel obviously didn't think HH was the answer so he took a flyer on Milton ....bad move

Now Tennessee has Nico and a highly rated QB coming in , and a guy who he is familiar with in Gasten Moore...

Yes CJH will put all his money on Nico and Merklinger ...his team his decision...

Yeah like because every coach wants just 1 QB on the roster.

Even if Nico is ready you have no one behind him capable of winning an SEC game. Moore isn’t going to get it done. Merklinger won’t be ready.

Yeah like because every coach wants just 1 QB on the roster.
Lol..the reply was WHY fans was okay with Milton coming here...but not desiring Will Rogers..now...but thanks for informing me of an obvious thing...keep on keeping on...have a good one..

Even if Nico is ready you have no one behind him capable of winning an SEC game. Moore isn’t going to get it done. Merklinger won’t be ready.
Will Rogers ,once again would want to start not be a backup...

If CJH thinks he needs a experienced Backup he would have went after one for this past season...

Will Rogers ,once again would want to start not be a backup...

If CJH thinks he needs a experienced Backup he would have went after one for this past season...
I don’t think Rogers is a good fit for our system anyway. He’s a dink and dunk guy. This offense has to have a big arm qb because we throw deep so much.

My 2 cents is if TN takes QB in Portal it's strictly 2nd team spot as Nico is the starter and Coach is looking for back up for Insurance. They will not take a QB to take one as they love Merk ability. I do believe in 25 they will take 2 Scholly QB's because staff wants 3 on roster. In CHRIST Alone

Evan Stewart didnt travel with the team according to ON3, but most people on twitter think he’s bama bound…

It's hard to blame a coach for trying with Milton. Physically, it's like he was built in a lab. If you quiz him on a grease board, he's spot on with the X's and O's. The issues happen on the field. He doesn't have the ability to improvise, and can't react on the fly if the play doesn't go exactly like it's drawn up. He's still not as awful as many here claim him to be. He's just frustrating because he's the most physically gifted game manager in college football history. He will never go and take over a game, or win you a game on his own. This team has a lot more issues than Milton though. It's just that a QB like Hooker made many of last year's issues less glaring.

Problem is who will come to be a backup? You know this staff will be looking to start nico and transfer QBs don't move to sit. Unfortunately we won't have a choice. Gonna need to get the freshman ready but more importantly, you load up on talent on the OL to make sure you don't need a backup. Then you pray he's as good as hoped and stays healthy. We aren't like UGA with guys like Beck waiting in line for their turn.

VN Store

Back