'24 Transfer Portal

Cottrell was 5 Star out of HS and top one or two WR in that class. Heupel and Company recruited him heavily. Has 4yrs of eligibility left and made an impact when he was on the field for ATM this year.

Jordan, OT at Florida, I believe started one or two games...granted it was Florida but that's starting in the SEC.

The OT from Princeton (forget his name right off) is on just about every NFL teams radar as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Also, one I forgot to mention is Seward from Mich St...ive.seen that guy play in person and he's a wrecker on the DL.
He was?
1700688854722.png

His impact was one reception against LA-Monroe for 13 yards (although it was for a touchdown).

I don't know if he is any good or not, but 1 reception all season does not scream must have to me.

Agree: What kind of offense doesn't throw to the TE? It's a mainstay of pro offenses. Georgia has torched us with passes to their TEs.
I thought Warren was going to be a weapon for us this year? Uh, no: 11 games, 12 receptions. Either our tight ends can't run or our offense
needs a rethink. Heupel is supposed to be this offensive genius--but we're terrible on 3rd down and don't throw to the TE even when we have issues at WR. Bizarre.
Milton can’t hit the slant, drag or short window seam. That’s the reason

TJ Sheffield makes a lot of sense. Kid from Middle Tennessee, productive career at Purdue, and Tennessee needs a plug and play WR next year. Only concern is, can he play the X or Z, because Squirrel has the slot (and I think Nimrod is better there too, so should be Squirrel’s backup next year).

TJ Sheffield makes a lot of sense. Kid from Middle Tennessee, productive career at Purdue, and Tennessee needs a plug and play WR next year. Only concern is, can he play the X or Z, because Squirrel has the slot (and I think Nimrod is better there too, so should be Squirrel’s backup next year).
Meh. I’d rather roll with what we got at that point 💀

Agree: What kind of offense doesn't throw to the TE? It's a mainstay of pro offenses. Georgia has torched us with passes to their TEs.
I thought Warren was going to be a weapon for us this year? Uh, no: 11 games, 12 receptions. Either our tight ends can't run or our offense
needs a rethink. Heupel is supposed to be this offensive genius--but we're terrible on 3rd down and don't throw to the TE even when we have issues at WR. Bizarre.
The offense is built around spacing: defenses have to decide and declare what they’re defending and the offense gets to take advantage. TEs are 2-way go players in that they can block or run routes. That’s less valuable in UT’s scheme because it clouds the reads the QB is making.

VN Store

Back