Tribute to CTV

So Texas is making a play at CTV, huh?
Internet rumors are swirling...
It has become an annual tradition for rumors to begin of another school attempting to steal CTV away from the Vols. If or when UTjr fires Pierce his replacement isn't likely to be Tony V, he would look like crap in whatever tint of orange they wear. Is that red clay?

The field is now down to 8. At least 4 of the teams are from the SEC, and should UGA win tonight 4 will be from the SEC East - and, by the way, Vandy is not one of them.

I appreciate the brutal effort of all involved over the past 7 years to not only be one of those but to have climbed over some rugged programs to be atop that rugged heap. And it is not just between the lines but how the players conduct themselves with fans at and away from LNS. He is continuing to build something very special. Could there be another statue on campus someday? I hope so.

Former AD Currie certainly did his homework when he hired Vitello in 2016.

It has become an annual tradition for rumors to begin of another school attempting to steal CTV away from the Vols. If or when UTjr fires Pierce his replacement isn't likely to be Tony V, he would look like crap in whatever tint of orange they wear. Is that red clay?
I find it difficult to believe utA would release Pierce. His recent resume is similar to CTVs

Reactions: WillisWG
There's a rumor (probably from Texas fans) that he's already had conversations with the administration in Austin and they're offering him 3 mil, plus a truckload of NIL money once this season concludes. I sure hope it's just some wishful thinking on their part.
As you said, rumor. White is spending millions renovating LNS while asking CTV for input. He has NIL @ TN. He has built this program from the ground up and enjoying the fruit of his labors. Plus, he will receive a handsome raise and extension in a few weeks. Also, he loves Knoxville and is seen around town beyond campus.

The only question that needs to be asked is what does TX currently have that makes it easier to win a title than UT?

Fan support? ❌
Facilities? ❌ not 1-2 yrs from now
Easier competition? ❌
Less recruiting competition? ❌
Conference $? ❌

He and UT have done as much (more when considering the starting points) as Pierce and TX, while having less amenities to offer. That won’t be the case going forward, so I see minimal advantages. Not to discount or diminish CTV and what all he’s done but why would TX pay $3M to a guy who hasn’t gone any further in the postseason than the guy they may look to fire? The media narrative is we choked in 2022 and had we not won yesterday that drum would be beating again so why would he suddenly not “choke” with Texas?
I have a friend that is in the athletic director world and he said Texas is going at him hard and wouldn’t be completely surprised if it did happen. Said Vitello and Danny White aren’t the best of friends.

I have a friend that is in the athletic director world and he said Texas is going at him hard and wouldn’t be completely surprised if it did happen. Said Vitello and Danny White aren’t the best of friends.
For what it's worth, I don't believe a word of this.

Texas wouldn't be going after anyone hard, until they had fired David Pierce first .... and there is nothing to indicate that they intend to do that. Pierce has made the College World Series 3 times in his 8 seasons at Texas, and done so as recently as 2022.

Of course, it could be insincere, but Vitello and Danny White often speak very highly of each other on both social media posts, and when speaking to members of the local sports media.

There's a rumor (probably from Texas fans) that he's already had conversations with the administration in Austin and they're offering him 3 mil, plus a truckload of NIL money once this season concludes. I sure hope it's just some wishful thinking on their part.
Watch his post game pressor and see what Tony says about NIL, interesting.

Reactions: KptVFL
Is he at either school involved? If not I don’t know he’d know more than the average fan. Do AD’s gossip amongst themselves; “Me and Tony don’t really jeehaw”? Interesting he doesn’t get along with the man who expedited his stadium renovation, has let him have major input into the design/layout and has given him anything he’s needed.

just like the time he met with LSU in the basement of the Marriott Omaha and signed a MOI agreement, right!?

Easy bud, if you post a rumor you heard--and clearly state it's just a rumor--the hearts start racing and the hysteria takes over and the 50,000+ posts club will go after you. It's kind of a game played around here--the insider boys' club.

The field is now down to 8. At least 4 of the teams are from the SEC, and should UGA win tonight 4 will be from the SEC East - and, by the way, Vandy is not one of them.

I appreciate the brutal effort of all involved over the past 7 years to not only be one of those but to have climbed over some rugged programs to be atop that rugged heap. And it is not just between the lines but how the players conduct themselves with fans at and away from LNS. He is continuing to build something very special. Could there be another statue on campus someday? I hope so.
Pay Tony some more. He should be the highest paid coach in the game.

Reactions: rdavis007

For what it's worth, I don't believe a word of this.

Texas wouldn't be going after anyone hard, until they had fired David Pierce first .... and there is nothing to indicate that they intend to do that. Pierce has made the College World Series 3 times in his 8 seasons at Texas, and done so as recently as 2022.

Of course, it could be insincere, but Vitello and Danny White often speak very highly of each other on both social media posts, and when speaking to members of the local sports media.
yeah, I'm calling BS on your friends sources...............

I know a guy, that works for a guy, that's daughter dates the son of a guy who knows some people from Texas and he said.......
can this thread just celebrate what we have?

Hey...hey now. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

I know a guy, that works for a guy, that's daughter dates the son of a guy who knows some people from Texas and he said.......
can this thread just celebrate what we have?

Hey...hey now. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)
The price of admission. Trolls, negas, the Legion des Miserables.

Reactions: KptVFL
yeah, I'm calling BS on your friends sources...............

100%. Tony and Danny have a great relationship. It’s been reported several times by McKee and others on the UT beat.

Also, if we’re just going to throw out random sources, I know someone who used to work at UT who tells me that he heard TV signed a contract extension letter of intent last week and that the announcement is planned for shortly after the season is over. Roughly within a week. I wasn’t going to post about it because I have zero idea how true it is, but if we’re going to throw out BS negative rumors I’ll float an optimistic one.

When you have one of the best (if not THE best) coaches in the country, you just pay him like it.

As long as he and his assistants get paid…and they have competitive NIL money…why would he leave now.

-He is getting a great stadium that he is signing off on.
-He has the top program in the country.
-He gets the players he wants.

Again, keep his salary at the top and I don’t see him leaving.

When you have one of the best (if not THE best) coaches in the country, you just pay him like it.

As long as he and his assistants get paid…and they have competitive NIL money…why would he leave now.

-He is getting a great stadium that he is signing off on.
-He has the top program in the country.
-He gets the players he wants.

Again, keep his salary at the top and I don’t see him leaving.
Agreed...Knoxville is the best college town in the country and CTV is a rock star there. A contract extension and a nice raise, and all should be good to go.

Reactions: spyfish007
There must be a Downer Family reunion as they can't be happy with nuthin' Coach said, "On expansion Our fans need seats..". He didn't say Tennessee's fans or Danny White's fans.

TExas chews coaches up and spits them out. Let's say they are trying to get Tony? The fact they would fire a successful coach is a major red flag. Tony is set here. It's not easy to get a good coach to leave their comfortable situation that pays well. Look at the results of anyone who has done a search lately. Lakers couldn't even get the Connecticut coach to leave.

VN Store

Back