Trouble.

Got kids ? If so, this is perfect time for kids to get sick. If no kids, then Migraine headache is the best excuse. Minor migraines last few hours and you are perfectly fine post.

I want to thank everyone for all the ideas. Some good. Some maybe. Some could turn into something wild (I've got to clean out a closet).

It turns out that her best friend (female) is coming to stay with us for a few days. That's fine because her friend is a huge football fan and we have fun watching the game together. She always is getting me to explain just what happened.

The invitation came from another long time friend (male). I think my wife said 'yes' because she might be playing a bit of 'match maker' as both are single. There are going to be others there that I don't know (though I was told they were OU fans). It just sounds like a cluster to me. Maybe I send my wife. Her friend and I can stay home (her friend is a huge Vol fan and is like me...we want to watch the game with no distractions).

This is what Hamas must feel like right now with all their electronic devices exploding. A situation that needs careful handling.

Reactions: tbh and chuckiepoo
I want to thank everyone for all the ideas. Some good. Some maybe. Some could turn into something wild (I've got to clean out a closet).

It turns out that her best friend (female) is coming to stay with us for a few days. That's fine because her friend is a huge football fan and we have fun watching the game together. She always is getting me to explain just what happened.

The invitation came from another long time friend (male). I think my wife said 'yes' because she might be playing a bit of 'match maker' as both are single. There are going to be others there that I don't know (though I was told they were OU fans). It just sounds like a cluster to me. Maybe I send my wife. Her friend and I can stay home (her friend is a huge Vol fan and is like me...we want to watch the game with no distractions).

This is what Hamas must feel like right now with all their electronic devices exploding. A situation that needs careful handling.
…behave yerself. 🧐

Reactions: cardvolfan

This is good. You've just got to convince your wife's friend to talk your wife into cancelling dinner plans. You have no leverage with the wife. Her priority this weekend is the friend.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

slowdoor.gif
... nope.

I know for a fact that there are several MDs on the board.

Perhaps one of them could arrange for a doctor's note indicating a rather severe 48 hour virus that shows up Friday afternoon sometime? The Volitis-and the known Tennessee variant is nasty little bug that hangs on for decades or even a lifetime.

The only known cure is a couch and copious amounts of beer I'm afraid. Be brave ! You will make it somehow !

Reactions: Volnanza and tbh
This is no accident. It's a test. What you decide to do now will have repercussions for the rest of your life/marriage. If you bend the knee she will have the upper hand in making decisions for how you spend your time from now on. Stand up and she will know her limit.

👀

Reactions: hjeagle1vol and tbh

Thought about buying a positive Covid test. I hear they sell positive pregnancy tests on internet so certainly they have positive Covid ones for sale.

Perhaps one of them could arrange for a doctor's note indicating a rather severe 48 hour virus that shows up Friday afternoon sometime? The Volitis-and the known Tennessee variant is nasty little bug that hangs on for decades or even a lifetime.

The only known cure is a couch and copious amounts of beer I'm afraid. Be brave ! You will make it somehow !
@Doctor Bart

This is good. You've just got to convince your wife's friend to talk your wife into cancelling dinner plans. You have no leverage with the wife. Her priority this weekend is the friend.

Yeah, you're gonna have to put your foot down and make her cancel. How long you been married? My wife knows better...just sayin.
47 years. She's been a keeper all that time. The last time something like this came up was during the 5 OT victory over Alabama. I got home in time to watch the end of the game. I forget why we had to go somewhere, but it wasn't her fault that time. I still am warning her that if the game goes bad, that I won't be a lot of fun to be around. She knows this.

OP, I feel your pain. Am at a reunion for my wife and her old friends. But, the main event is dinner Saturday evening! At a minimum, I am gonna be peeking at my phone ... but may have to go back to hotel room due to stomach ache?

in elementary school i would get sick around the time we would have exams
I was on the playground a period before a test. I grabbed a honeybee on some of those white clover flowers and let it sting me. I went to the clinic,...for about 3 minutes and still had to take the test. A year or so later, I got a wart on the spot where that bee stung me. Sometimes it looks good on paper, but it's all about thinking it through.

Wait a minute......did I read this right? You're suggesting that you send the wife to the party, while the visiting friend (female) stays home and watches the game with you? Yeah, I'd get "distracted' about halftime with her, she's a football fan after all. Apparently, the closet is a good idea, or so I'm told on this thread.

The wife made an arrangement for us to have dinner at a friends house on Saturday night. I ask her if she had lost her mind. I tend to get rather into the game and am not good at conversation while the game is on. My mind is troubled about this. It's like I would ask some beer drinking buddies over to the house while she is doing a baby shower. This is a BAD omen.
My wife did the same thing with mutual friends! I was very clear that the game will be on at their house and I will be watching it if anyone cares to join me!

The wife made an arrangement for us to have dinner at a friends house on Saturday night. I ask her if she had lost her mind. I tend to get rather into the game and am not good at conversation while the game is on. My mind is troubled about this. It's like I would ask some beer drinking buddies over to the house while she is doing a baby shower. This is a BAD omen.
Don’t go! Cancel it!

VN Store

Back