Trump at least 99 percent sure to run: good or bad for nation, GOP?

lawgator1

The 2024 election is still 1,155 days away -- I counted -- but, according to one senior aide to Donald Trump, the former president is all-but-certain to run again.

"I would say somewhere between 99 and 100 percent," Jason Miller told Cheddar earlier this month when asked about the chances that Trump runs again. "I think he is definitely running in 2024."

Apparently his one proviso is that his health is good.

None of us can predict how things will be in 2023/4. I'm guessing Biden does not run again and that the party has to let Harris have her turn. Obviously, she is extremely vulnerable unless things by then are really good. Assuming the status quo or close to it, the GOP will have an enormous built in advantage in 23/24.

If Trump runs, presumably he easily gets the nomination. Is that a good thing or a bad thing for the GOP and the nation?

Apparently his one proviso is that his health is good.

None of us can predict how things will be in 2023/4. I'm guessing Biden does not run again and that the party has to let Harris have her turn. Obviously, she is extremely vulnerable unless things by then are really good. Assuming the status quo or close to it, the GOP will have an enormous built in advantage in 23/24.

If Trump runs, presumably he easily gets the nomination. Is that a good thing or a bad thing for the GOP and the nation?
Bad. Trump is a goon. He’s a better goon than Joe but that is comparing poop piles.

I will say this, there are some pretty die hard conservatives in my family and they flat out said the biggest things keeping them from voting Trump last time were his fiscal spending and lack of awareness. My stepdad said he couldn't honestly tell you how sincere Trump was on anything and he would just go with whatever somebody told him was the right answer.

Harris would just be an abject disaster in every sense, IMO.

I'm all for the subway bathroom cockroach making an ass out of himself and the republican party again.

PbnBee5MuIaS4.gif

I will say this, there are some pretty die hard conservatives in my family and they flat out said the biggest things keeping them from voting Trump last time were his fiscal spending and lack of awareness. My stepdad said he couldn't honestly tell you how sincere Trump was on anything and he would just go with whatever somebody told him was the right answer.

Harris would just be an abject disaster in every sense, IMO.
Trump has a die hard sect of people who are infatuated with his cult of personality. Not simply supporters of policy but something much more ardent. It is common to see Trump 2020 yard signs and flags still on display in my area. I have never seen that 10 months after any other election.

I want people out of government who even think of things like "making the ______ whine." It's BS and we all suffer for it.

Trump has a die hard sect of people who are infatuated with his cult of personality. Not simply supporters of policy but something much more ardent. It is common to see Trump 2020 yard signs and flags still on display in my area. I have never seen that 10 months after any other election.

I pass by a house every day on the way to work that has a TRUMP WON" flag hanging on the porch wall, with a life size cardboard cutout of Trump by the front door and a large cross on the porch.

Categorically, it is a cult. Whether he wants it to be or not, it is.

One thing is good about seeing the impact of Trump, Biden, and other POTUSes on America, it is the realization the office of president is minimally consequential in our daily lives.

I'd prefer both parties run centrists who, as you might put it, come in with a clean slate and priority on long term economic progress. Leave the culture wars out of it this time, IMO.
That leaves out mayor Pete. He’s somewhat centrist, but has no track record of success or progress.

Oh,,,being infuriated with Make America Great is bad, which incidentally is nationalism.
Seeing what is happening in front of our very eyes..yea...they are both bad. SMH

Trump upset everyone...tells me all I need to know if one was to be a centrist

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
I pass by a house every day on the way to work that has a TRUMP WON" flag hanging on the porch wall, with a life size cardboard cutout of Trump by the front door and a large cross on the porch.

Categorically, it is a cult. Whether he wants it to be or not, it is.

Oh...so now a one off anecdotal indicts a group as "cultists"?. Should we not indict all teachers for their LGBT indoctrination as you suggested?

VN Store

Back