Trump instructs military to begin planning for withdrawal from Syria

Speaking of time machines, remember when Reagan's Star Wars technology was laughed at by Democrats? We couldn't afford it. But we can afford 100s of billions of dollars fighting in deserts all around the world.

Of course it would be useless today cause Dims are hell bend on inviting our enemies in without any resistance

I feel bad for the Kurds. Tough as nails people and honorable fighters. They have deserved their own country for decades now and have supported us at every turn and every time we turn our backs on them.
The Kurds were offered Armenia as a homeland by the Ottoman Turks if they helped them in the Armenian genocide 100 years ago.

Reactions: Pacer92
Speaking of time machines, remember when Reagan's Star Wars technology was laughed at by Democrats? We couldn't afford it. But we can afford 100s of billions of dollars fighting in deserts all around the world.

Of course it would be useless today cause Dims are hell bend on inviting our enemies in without any resistance

Memories... I worked on an aspect of the Star Wars Project in the 80s...pretty interesting. And yes, I remain confused by the dims, nothing that makes sense to protect this country, and grow the economy seems to register with them. Once they regain control (pretty sure they will find a way to have the numbers required next round), they will resume their program of globalization/socialization... in FN spite of what they are witnessing in France, and in Venezuela (several other countries as well).

Boggles a logical mind.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Memories... I worked on an aspect of the Star Wars Project in the 80s...pretty interesting. And yes, I remain confused by the dims, nothing that makes sense to protect this country, and grow the economy seems to register with them. Once they regain control (pretty sure they will find a way to have the numbers required next round), they will resume their program of globalization/socialization... in FN spite of what they are witnessing in France, and in Venezuela (several other countries as well).

Boggles a logical mind.
Liberals aren't logical.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
We have crapped on the kurds, over and over. I cant believe they hsd anything to do with us in Syria at all. They should have their own state in Iraq..maybe a quarter of the country. We should have made that the law when we conquered Iraq before. We screwed them, and theyre getting hosed again in Syria....i do want our soldiers home though.

I didnt know about Armenia, Ras...but are you saying the Kurds should have taken part in a genocide??? Thats never OK...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It wasn't that long ago that those on the right lambasted Obama for withdrawing troops.

Having pointed out that hypocrisy, I think we all would like to see things at a point where we can bring all troops home from that entire region, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I don't know if that is where we are, and trust that the generals will keep Trump in reality zone on this.

Politically speaking, it kind of seems like a pretty transparent attempt to get some good press in the midst of a cascade of bad.
I’m all for withdrawing American soldiers from war zones... bring em home.. I don’t care who does it.

www.cnn.com/2018/12/30/politics/stanley-mcchrystal-trump-dishonest-immoral/index.html

Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal on Sunday criticized President Donald Trump for his approach to the presidency in a wide-ranging interview that saw the former top commander of the US and international forces in Afghanistan label Trump as dishonest and immoral.
"I don't think he tells the truth," McChrystal told ABC's Martha Raddatz on "This Week." When asked if he thought Trump was immoral, McChrystal responded: "I think he is."
"What I would ask every American to do is again, stand in front of that mirror and say, what are we about?," he continued. "Am I really willing to throw away or ignore some of the things that people do that are pretty unacceptable normally just because they accomplish certain other things that we might like. If we want to be governed by someone we wouldn't do a business deal with because they're their background is so shady, if we're willing to do that then that's in conflict with who I think we are."
"And so I think it's necessary in those times to take a stand," he said.

www.cnn.com/2018/12/30/politics/stanley-mcchrystal-trump-dishonest-immoral/index.html

Retired four-star Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal on Sunday criticized President Donald Trump for his approach to the presidency in a wide-ranging interview that saw the former top commander of the US and international forces in Afghanistan label Trump as dishonest and immoral.
"I don't think he tells the truth," McChrystal told ABC's Martha Raddatz on "This Week." When asked if he thought Trump was immoral, McChrystal responded: "I think he is."
"What I would ask every American to do is again, stand in front of that mirror and say, what are we about?," he continued. "Am I really willing to throw away or ignore some of the things that people do that are pretty unacceptable normally just because they accomplish certain other things that we might like. If we want to be governed by someone we wouldn't do a business deal with because they're their background is so shady, if we're willing to do that then that's in conflict with who I think we are."
"And so I think it's necessary in those times to take a stand," he said.

Gen. McChrystal's Credibility Problem

DvwWvkeV4AEQIS5.jpg

I’m proud of Mattis for signing the order to bring home the troops.

Looks like over half of the ones in Afghanistan are coming home too.

VN Store

Back