Trump likely "getting off" on the January 6 insurrection

This ^^^^ has become a frequently repeated lie by Trump apologists.

Per Christopher Miller, the acting Secretary of Defense in January of 2021 ...

On January 3rd, then-President Donald Trump inquired about the possibility of National Guard troops being deployed in order to protect pro-Trump "Stop the Steal" protestors during his planned rally on January 6th ... but Trump's inquiry wasn't taken seriously, much less acted upon. Nancy Pelosi would not have had the jurisdiction to decline such an order from the sitting President. The link below addresses this :

Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally

There is no evidence that then-President Donald Trump recommended bringing in the National Guard as a means of protecting the United States Capitol from his "Stop the Steal" protestors. The link below addresses that, as well :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-not-order-10000-troops-secure-capitol-jan-6/

These are two fact-checks by non-partisan sources (Newsweek and USA Today) :

Fact Check: Did Trump call in the National Guard after rioters stormed the Capitol?

Fact check: Trump did not request 10,000 Guard troops for Jan. 6

This makes at least the 4th time that I have de-bunked this same lie. It's getting old.

You're either ignorant, a hack or both.

I stopped reading the 1st article after they said 5 people died due to Jan 6 attack. The only person that died and was killed was Ashley Babbitt.

The remaining articles you should know Trump has no jurisdiction over the capital. The first article even mentions local law enforcement telling the defense department they didn't need the support.

You failed to address my comment.

People have a disagreement with the Insurrection narrative in the first place. That's the 1st issue. Then the 2nd is an obscure individual who no on3 probably provides important info claiming she knows something for the attention.

People have a disagreement with the Insurrection narrative in the first place. That's the 1st issue. Then the 2nd is an obscure individual who no on3 probably provides important info claiming she knows something for the attention.

My comment had far broader application.

If you’d like to discuss it as it relates to January 6th… If a Republican congressman wants an investigation does that make him worthy of derision and censure?

You're either ignorant, a hack or both.
Really? Nothing from that post you replied to was based strictly on my opinion. That post included 4 links to well-known, national, print-journalism, news organizations such as Reuters, The Washington Post, Newsweek and USA Today. NOTHING was simply my opinion.

The remaining articles you should know Trump has no jurisdiction over the capital. The first article even mentions local law enforcement telling the defense department they didn't need the support.
The post that I was replying to, strongly implied that then-President Donald Trump had "recommended" that National Guard troops be brought in to protect the Capitol on January 6th, but Nancy Pelosi had (presumably?) rebuffed then-President Donald Trump's supposed recommendation. That simply isn't true.

As those bottom 3 links point out, the evidence only shows that then-President Donald Trump had made inquiries to the acting- Secretary of Defense, Christopher Miller, about bringing in National Guard troops to protect his own "Stop the Steal" protestors during his January 6th rally in front of the White House. There was no altruistic effort made by then-President Donald Trump with his "recommendation" to Christopher Miller. It was, in fact, a completely self-serving agenda, consistent with how Donald Trump had served as President up to that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClearwaterVol
My comment had far broader application.

If you’d like to discuss it as it relates to January 6th… If a Republican congressman wants an investigation does that make him worthy of derision and censure?

When it's been investigated and Trump was found of doing nothing wrong, then yes. I can go back and find the sources of when Trump was cleared of it makes you feel better. So yes, this Bush/Cheney/McCain wing is doing the leftists bidding.

Last edited:
When it's been investigated and Trump was found of doing nothing wrong, then yes. I can go back and find the sources of when Trump qas cleared of it makes you feel better.
Yes. Please do.

I'm not sure what investigative body you are referring to, which supposedly cleared Donald Trump of any wrongdoing associated with the January 6 riot at the United States Capitol, but it wasn't the United States Senate ....

January 6: Seeking to block documents request, Trump legal team falsely claims FBI, Senate committee have cleared him of wrongdoing

or the FBI ....

FBI did not issue statement clearing Trump for Capitol insurrection | AP News

Last edited:
Really? Nothing from that post you replied to was based strictly on my opinion. That post included 4 links to well-known, national, print-journalism, news organizations such as Reuters, The Washington Post, Newsweek and USA Today. NOTHING was simply my opinion.

The post that I was replying to, strongly implied that then-President Donald Trump had "recommended" that National Guard troops be brought in to protect the Capitol on January 6th, but Nancy Pelosi had (presumably?) rebuffed then-President Donald Trump's supposed recommendation. That simply isn't true.

As those bottom 3 links point out, the evidence only shows that then-President Donald Trump had made inquiries to the acting- Secretary of Defense, Christopher Miller, about bringing in National Guard troops to protect his own "Stop the Steal" protestors during his January 6th rally in front of the White House. There was no altruistic effort made by then-President Donald Trump with his "recommendation" to Christopher Miller. It was, in fact, a completely self-serving agenda, consistent with how Donald Trump had served as President up to that point.

It's not what tell you it's what they don't. Mindless drones normally go by what they tell you.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
It's not what tell you it's what they don't. Mindless drones normally go by what they tell you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to be swayed by an interview that Rep. Jim Jordan did with Sean Hannity? Are you serious? WTF?!?!?!

Which one of us is the hack here? I post links to Reuters, The Washington Post, Newsweek and USA Today.... and you post a video to a Trump-loving House Rep. doing an interview with a Trump-loving opinion show host on a Trump-loving cable news network.

That's rich, man! This Bud's for you! LOL!!!!

Lol @ attack. 🤣😂 You poor fragile little fella.
You guys call that type of behavior a riot. I like attack better in this instance because it was premeditated and had a very specific goal in mind.

Potato potato.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to be swayed by an interview that Rep. Jim Jordan did with Sean Hannity? Are you serious? WTF?!?!?!

Which one of us is the hack here? I post links to Reuters, The Washington Post, Newsweek and USA Today.... and you post a video to a Trump-loving House Rep. doing an interview with a Trump-loving opinion show host on a Trump-loving cable news network.

That's rich, man! This Bud's for you! LOL!!!!

No what is rich is you google mainstream media article after article where they want this to be a thing because the Biden presidency is a failure. The democrat positions are a failure and they have no governing agenda. It is easy to find your common democrat theme that this rally that got out of hand is some typ of threat to democracy all the while 100's of riots that caused 100's of millions in damages isn't.

This congressional committee is a sham filled with hacks. Some republicans were denied the opportunity to participate because Pelosi on wanted nimrods that she could control. Pelosi is withholding a lot of documents and video apparently. Your sources do not go into that. Why or why not?

In order to find anything that questions the legitimacy of these claims by MSM you have to sift through the drivel of democrat talking point articles.

Most of your sources are suspect but this is typical of your posts.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Most of your sources are suspect but this is typical of your posts.
You probably do believe that InfoWars, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, OAN, NewsMax, Fox News, The Federalist, The New York Post and The Daily Caller have more journalistic integrity than the Associated Press, Reuters, Business Insider, ABC News, The Washington Post, Time, Newsweek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, PBS and NPR, don't you?

That explains a lot.

You probably do believe that InfoWars, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, OAN, NewsMax, Fox News, The Federalist, The New York Post and The Daily Caller have more journalistic integrity than the Associated Press, Reuters, Business Insider, ABC News, The Washington Post, Time, Newsweek, USA Today, PBS and NPR, don't you?

That explains a lot.
Of course he does, but he won't admit it. He is one of millions who have been thoroughly gaslighted.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Never before released info by Breathe.

To put it generically I have a friend that works in the DC rectangle as part of security. Leading up to January 6 several friends having a discussion. He told us a memo was circulating among law enforcement to expect right wing extremism that weekend, and they said around the country. My friend is a democrat. I just blew it off as normal democrat crazy talk because it insinuated to white on black crime as part of it.

My point is, what appears to have happened was a failure to plan and manage the situation that was not a surprise to law enforcement. This failure has Pelosi, as speaker and possibly the DC mayor written all over it. Trump is a distraction from the lack of planning and execution to handle this appropriately.

You probably do believe that InfoWars, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, OAN, NewsMax, Fox News, The Federalist, The New York Post and The Daily Caller have more journalistic integrity than the Associated Press, Reuters, Business Insider, ABC News, The Washington Post, Time, Newsweek, USA Today, PBS and NPR, don't you?

That explains a lot.

Yours are all liberal nonsense! They don't contain gaslighting, epithets, insults, pandering, or other hallmarks of quality writing! I bet they even include source links and tracing. What a crock. How are you supposed to do research and think for yourself if the data is easily accessible? Humph.

VN Store

Back