Trump likely "getting off" on the January 6 insurrection

You probably do believe that InfoWars, Breitbart, The Gateway Pundit, OAN, NewsMax, Fox News, The Federalist, The New York Post and The Daily Caller have more journalistic integrity than the Associated Press, Reuters, Business Insider, ABC News, The Washington Post, Time, Newsweek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, PBS and NPR, don't you?

That explains a lot.

What's even more blind about your post is that you believe the opposite. I don't even read most of the publications you list as "right wing".

Emotions get the best of you when ideas fail. Create a distraction from governing mayhem. When I was a boy and young man I thought like you until I grew older and wiser, and pragmatic ideas over raw emotions and fairly tales.

It was a riot. It was criminal trespass. It was malicious mischief. What it wasn’t was an insurrection.
What it was was a last ditch effort in an orchestrated plan to non-violently overturn a legal national election.
Trump and his merry band of idiots reluctantly drew the line at "threat of violence"

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Never before released info by Breathe.

To put it generically I have a friend that works in the DC rectangle as part of security. Leading up to January 6 several friends having a discussion. He told us a memo was circulating among law enforcement to expect right wing extremism that weekend, and they said around the country. My friend is a democrat. I just blew it off as normal democrat crazy talk because it insinuated to white on black crime as part of it.

My point is, what appears to have happened was a failure to plan and manage the situation that was not a surprise to law enforcement. This failure has Pelosi, as speaker and possibly the DC mayor written all over it. Trump is a distraction from the lack of planning and execution to handle this appropriately.

Thank you for sharing this.

Without being sarcastic, I believe there is so much blame to go around that everyone has mud on their faces. Failure to plan by Pelosi and the DC police? Absolutely. Planned malfeasance by the top of Republican leadership? According to documents being submitted by former Trump supporters, it's sure looking like it.

I think we're so used to brinkmanship and wolf-crying by both major parties and their loyal information outlets that we're not going to be able to trust when there is an actual threat. We're all so busy laughing at each other's overreactions that we may be missing what would otherwise be clear and present danger.

What's even more blind about your post is that you believe the opposite. I don't even read most of the publications you list as "right wing".

Emotions get the best of you when ideas fail. Create a distraction from governing mayhem. When I was a boy and young man I thought like you until I grew older and wiser, and pragmatic ideas over raw emotions and fairly tales.
The opposite is 100% true.
If you were wise and pragmatic you wouldn't have allowed yourself to be so easily gaslighted.

What it was was a last ditch effort in an orchestrated plan to non-violently overturn a legal national election.
Trump and his merry band of idiots reluctantly drew the line at "threat of violence"
Negative, ghost rider. There was no orchestration involved. The Portland riots were better organized and led.

Jan 6 was a bunch of right wing larpers caught up in the moment.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Yet you screeched “Russia” for years.

Negative, ghost rider. There was no orchestration involved. The Portland riots were better organized and led.
lol.....Open your eyes a little bit man, at least squint. The attempt to overturn the election was completely organized; and the role that Jan. 6th was intended to play is increasingly well documented.

Trump attempted to overturn a free and fair presidential election. Pure and simple. Deniers of that fact will only become more laughable as time goes by.

Never before released info by Breathe.

To put it generically I have a friend that works in the DC rectangle as part of security. Leading up to January 6 several friends having a discussion. He told us a memo was circulating among law enforcement to expect right wing extremism that weekend, and they said around the country. My friend is a democrat. I just blew it off as normal democrat crazy talk because it insinuated to white on black crime as part of it.

My point is, what appears to have happened was a failure to plan and manage the situation that was not a surprise to law enforcement. This failure has Pelosi, as speaker and possibly the DC mayor written all over it. Trump is a distraction from the lack of planning and execution to handle this appropriately.
Your "inside info" aside ....

This fact-check was done by a non-partisan, government watchdog organization :

Fact-Check: No, Pelosi Was Not Calling All the Shots for Capitol Security Officials on Jan. 6

Basically, Capitol security is not the responsibility of the Speaker of the House. It is provided by the Sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police. The House and Senate Sergeants-at-arms report to the Speaker of the House and to the Senate Majority Leader, respectively. Therefore, Speaker Nancy Pelosi was no more responsible for Capitol security on January 6, 2021, than the Senate Majority Leader at the time, Mitch McConnell, was.

The House Sergeant-at-arms on January 6, 2021 was Paul Irving, who said at the time that he had resisted calls from the Capitol Police, to bring in the National Guard for extra security at the Capitol, because of "optics". However, Paul Irving later testified that the intelligence reports didn't show the need for the extra security, not that he had rejected it because of any concerns with "optics".

Whatever one is to make of that, it is unfair and misleading to rest all of the blame at the feet of Nancy Pelosi.

Last edited:

Without being sarcastic, I believe there is so much blame to go around that everyone has mud on their faces. Failure to plan by Pelosi and the DC police? Absolutely. Planned malfeasance by the top of Republican leadership? According to documents being submitted by former Trump supporters, it's sure looking like it.

I think we're so used to brinkmanship and wolf-crying by both major parties and their loyal information outlets that we're not going to be able to trust when there is an actual threat. We're all so busy laughing at each other's overreactions that we may be missing what would otherwise be clear and present danger.
Nice post Ash

The problem rested with the Sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate and with the leadership of the Capitol Police. Capitol security is not the direct responsibility of either the Speaker of the House or the Senate Majority Leader, although the respective Sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate do report to them. Nancy Pelosi was no more responsible for Capitol security than Mitch McConnell was on January 6, 2021. However, the House Sergeant-at-arms at the time was a guy named Paul Irving, who appears to be an incompetent liar. So, perhaps, Pelosi might shoulder some indirect blame for having him around?

Reactions: clarksvol00
This ^^^^ has become a frequently repeated lie by Trump apologists.

Per Christopher Miller, the acting Secretary of Defense in January of 2021 ...

On January 3rd, then-President Donald Trump inquired about the possibility of National Guard troops being deployed in order to protect pro-Trump "Stop the Steal" protestors during his planned rally on January 6th ... but Trump's inquiry wasn't taken seriously, much less acted upon. Nancy Pelosi would not have had the jurisdiction to decline such an order from the sitting President. The link below addresses this :

Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally

There is no evidence that then-President Donald Trump recommended bringing in the National Guard as a means of protecting the United States Capitol from his "Stop the Steal" protestors. The link below addresses that, as well :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-not-order-10000-troops-secure-capitol-jan-6/

These are two fact-checks by non-partisan sources (Newsweek and USA Today) :

Fact Check: Did Trump call in the National Guard after rioters stormed the Capitol?

Fact check: Trump did not request 10,000 Guard troops for Jan. 6

This makes at least the 4th time that I have de-bunked this same lie. It's getting old.

Non partisan USA Today and Newsweek. You linked a Reuters article. You have debunked nothing. Your sources are absolute garbage. But hey, keep letting orange man occupy space in that head of yours.

If I had to guess….Jill Stein?
He's a Bernie bro ..... bro. :cool: He loves that old man Bernie.
I think I voted for Pete in the primaries but I honestly don't remember. I was looking for someone around 50 and sort of in the middle of the left range. I had to look up Jill Stein - so no, not her.
I supported Bernie in the 2016 primaries because I understood the level of irrational hatred for Hillary that had been propagandized into the heads of millions on the right and I knew how damaging it would be for the country to have a president so reviled by the other side.

Last edited:
I think I voted for Pete in the primaries but I honestly don't remember. I was looking for someone around 50 and sort of in the middle of the left range. I had to look up Jill Stein - so no, not her.
I supported Bernie in the 2016 primaries because I understood the level of irrational hatred that had been propagandized into the heads of millions on the right and I knew how damaging it would be for the country to have a president so reviled by the other side.

Thanks for clearing that up sparky. o_O

VN Store

Back